Chapter 23: The Five Horsemen

Lena's POV

A swirl of wind like a sound of a crisp apple was something I was already accustomed of. The past weeks I managed to transport back in forth to different location I have in mind. The elder witches said this would be just a feather-light task I can easily perfected with the amount of powers I contained and they are not wrong about it. For just a little instruction I came across everywhere in the world for the mere thought of it. It was easy, why? The moment they have told me that the only way I can control it, is to fully accept it. That made something inside me stirred and for sure I already have it, flowing through my body. In some occasions, I feel like my eyes can see the tips of my finger tips with aura I have never seen before. It was golden, glowing and it makes me feel stronger. Finally I may be able to help Kara more whenever she needs it or if she's in danger.

The origins of our powers were sought in affiliation with divine entities, with the Devil as a primary power source for the practice of Witchcraft but it may be the origin but we believe it is more than that. The command of one's emotions, as well as grasping spells and rituals, lead witches to show feats out of the ordinary, such as moving objects without touching them, divine or foresee the future, control weather to even cause death through sheer force of will. Generally, active powers such as Telekinesis or Elemental Control are used in hand to hand fights or for minor purposes, while other sophisticated powers such as Astral Projection or Necromancy seem to require certain tools or ritualistic actions to be performed. While spells are the medium by which every witch must use in order to achieve a magical effect, it appears that once a person has mastered a spell, they can perform it features through their will and without the usual ritualistic requirements. Then potion making, one of the things I knew I have more confidence. As a scientist the training was extremely easy, if you can memorize all magical abilities of all plants, herbs, animals and mythical creatures whom I thought never knew truly existed, this comes just handy to procure antidotes or any potions you desire.

History projected that our powers were from the Devil making our kind to be targeted by Christians for centuries or a millennial for now a days but this was just a myth. Witches powers were born with. Even if you're from the lineage you can't have the same powers it can also be you are not on the lineage of witches but has powers can be fully possible. It was all a matter of destiny, everyone's destiny was written on that book, the Book of Prophecies.

The feeling I have during the ceremony of my supremacy felt familiar yet so foreign. It has to do with the merging of nature and allowing myself to access the magic powers beyond the ability I had before. Renaissance like I was reborn. Since growing up outside my birth has deprived me from this knowledge I acquired from the past week, it felt like I'm a different person. Was I different? Or it is me what I supposed to be, just hindered or postponed. That question was surely on my mind when I first encounter my magical powers. Nevertheless, it is me now. These powers will become my source of protection not just for myself but for the ones I love.

"I'm going back to National City." I approached the witch whom I was becoming comfortable to and I feel like I was becoming at ease with at the coven. Her name was Marilla, she's one of the Elder witches that walked me through to make full potential of all my powers. At first glance I was feeling the same presence as my adoptive mother Lilian but when she looked into my eyes warmth can be mirrored thorough hers. She opened up her arms and accepted me like a lost granddaughter. This woman was nearing a century old but I guess powerful witches may really live that long. "I can see it in your eyes that your city must be in danger, gauging you to go home." She just said not really asking why I wanted to go back home, it's more of a statement if you ask me. "Yes they are. There were reported spread of some sort of an unknown virus in the city and the longer I wait the substantial damages it may give to the people. My friend told me that it seems like a war out there but the enemy was completely invisible, silently killing innocent lives without even lifting a hand for defense. That situation felt like a nightmare.