Chapter 44: The Blue Moon

Third Person POV

The newborn child was slumbering peacefully on a round table as group of power-hungry individuals circled an innocent. The little one was wrapped to a soft white blanket and her small red face was all can be seen. Everyone on the immense room can see that the child most likely got her physique from her mother. Her still few strands of raven hair protruded and her straight little nose was amiable between its now full red cheeks. The innocence of the tiny living thing being scrutinized by the dozen personas was being put aside as they wait for the orders of their leader.

"When the blue moon courses through this pane, all of us will finally take what is rightfully ours. This child was given to us as a gift. She will bring us closer to what a real witch and wizard is destined to, to become the most powerful being that will step on this world. Come my brothers and sisters help me prepare this child's blood as we welcome our destiny." Calixta's hazel eyes glimmered with burning desire as her aspiration for the supreme powers was just a few minutes away. Little did the entire coven know that their so called leader only wanted the power just for herself and not to all of them.

The child steered a little but continued her nap like being inside her mother's womb deprived her from it. She was now placed to a wide stone table aged by time serving its purpose after eternity. The moonstone. Above the huge stone a rectangular opening was visible to the ceiling. The dark sky was blank but it was unmistakably bright. The full moon was just right around the corner waiting to walk through the opening on where the still asleep child will be shine through when it crosses. The ancient room used to baptize the first supreme. She was bestowed with the greatest power as the second blue moon immersed her with the Supreme power. However tonight the ritual the coven was about to achieve will defy not only their destiny but as to the innocent child's future. When everything will turn out just the way the cunning witch has planned, the newborn child and her mother who is locked up to one of the Sacred Chamber's room will face their destiny, death.

"It's only a matter of time my sisters and brothers. Our destiny's light will shine upon us." Calixta told her coven as everyone eyes that were on the child the whole time now steadied their gaze above, waiting for the blue moon to appear on the opening as they about to welcome a force that will begin their new era.

As everyone waiting for the moon to appear Emily noticed a glowing light surrounding the baby, she noticed the golden flick of thread to her, like a knot connecting to something. Her eyes followed the flick of light confirming that it's a finding spell. She doesn't need to guess to whom it might come from. She just called the attention of her aunt to whom was glowing with excited on the ritual they were about to fulfill.

"Aunt Calixta, she's awake now, Lena." Emily pointed the glowing light and her aunt looked closely confirming it too. The Sixth Witch has conjured the spell. The excited face of the appointed leader turned grim as she remember her other niece's face. "Very well, she too will be just joining us after the ritual. I guess it's best if you could check on her for us, as to see that everything will be going according to plan." Calixta instructed swiftly and the young witch acknowledged her aunt's order. "Yes, my lady."

The red-haired scan the corridor as she came close to the door on where the current Supreme was locked-in. In the wave on a hand the door opened and there she saw her cousin sprawled on the ground unconscious. She must have run out of strength to reach the door. As her aunt told them giving birth to the Seventh Witch will result to her temporary weak composure and steadiness, even walking would be impossible for her. The newborn has absorbed every ounce of power she has but it seemed like she was able to conjure a spell even on her current state. She was lying on the floor but as her aunt used to say, never underestimate the ability of a supreme. The power they have is immeasurable so any sign of temporary weakness has to be grabbed but make sure you are always prepared. As to the approach Emily was thinking she is sure she can always use everything to her advantage. Her abilities were not to be underestimated too.