Chapter Five: Welcome to Hellfire

Veronica POV
"Tiffany...you've got to be joking." I said flatly, looking at my pampered self in Tiffany's bedroom mirror.

Tiffany had decided to let me wear her baby pink turtle neck sweater with some high waisted, light blue jeans that were way too tight on my ass. She also gave me a red, yellow, blue, and white blocky button up windbreaker to go over it. Tiffany insisted I kept the buttons undone, being that was the "in" thing right now.

She tightly put my hair up in a half up half down ponytail and gave me a blue scrunchie to hold it up. Her twists on my hair were so aggressive, I knew my head would be sore when I put it down later. She also literally gave me her all-white reebok high tops to top off the look. They were still perfectly in shape...and when I asked her why she was giving them to me, she replied and I quote, "You look like you need them." while looking down in disgust at my dirty converse.

Yeah...I just took that statement.

But anyways, Tiffany fluffed up my hair with a laugh and replied to my flat comment. "Relax, V, You look bitchin'. You're so lucky you got me as your school guide, without me you'd still be wearing barf bag goodwill clothes! You're welcome!" She said with the first genuine smile i've seen from her.

I almost choked. This bitch needs a reality check.

Normally I wouldn't take this kind of disrespect, but being she and her friends were- well...my only friends, I had to try to keep them around as long as possible.

All of a sudden, two honks were heard outside of Tiffs house. She gasped excitedly, opening her bedroom door for me. "Come on! Chance and Andy are here!"

I sped walk out of the door, not wasting any time to get out of that fucking room. Tiffany then led me downstairs and out of her front door, where we were met with not only Chance and Andy, but also Chrissy and Jason.

"Oh my gosh, Veronica! Hey! You look so pretty!" Chrissy said excitedly, pulling me in for an unexpected hug. I hugged her back, being that I genuinely liked Chrissy. She was really sweet and not like these other assholes here in Hawkins- or the people i'm now friends with at least.

Tiffany gave Chance a kiss on the lips before having his arm wrapped around her shoulders. She got all blushy, which was a vulnerable part of Tiff i'd never seen before. I really didn't think "Hawkins' It Girl" would ever be seen as flustered...especially over a guy.

"Alright, let's roll." Jason said as Chance threw him his car keys, causing Chrissy to look confused. "You're driving?" She asked, looking between Jason and Chance.

"Yup. Chance wanted the backseat so bad that he's willing to let me drive his baby." He said in a mocking soft voice.

Tiffany gave a smirk. "Backseat huh? I suppose if it gets you hype for your game..." She teased, Chance slapping her ass in excitement.

I vomited inside. The outline was obvious. I would be stuck in the back with not only Tiffany and Chance sucking face, but also Andy, who I know is probably thinking he is gonna suck face with me. Thank god it's only a 5 minute drive to school from here, or else i'd actually jump out the window of the moving fucking car.

Chance opened the door and hopped in the backseat, Tiffany hopping on him. Jason got in the drivers side, Chrissy sat next to him on the passengers side, and I was stuck staring at Andy, who was getting in the backseat while glancing at me.

"Fuck." I mumbled under my breath, walking towards the car and getting in next to Andy. Andy was stuck sitting next to the leeches, leaving me a bit of room away from the uncomfortableness.