MAN ON THE END OF THE WORLD.

AMBER HARGREEVES. present day.

"funny how it seems like yesterday, as i recall you were looking out of place, gathered up your things and slipped away, no time at all i followed you into the hall. cigarette daydream, you were only seventeen."

"FOR FUCKS SAKE." I mumble, crouching over to be at his height. "Alright, buddy." I begin picking up all of Five's books, noticing the calculations all over the pages, and hold them all, picking up Delores with my free arm.

"Luther," I call out just as Diego makes his way around the corner. "I need you to carry Five." I call, and Diego rolls his eyes as he approaches.

"I got it."

"It's fine." Luther mutters, making his way over before hesitating. "Is he- um...?"

"Drunk as a skunk." Diego confirms.

Luther carries Five out of the library, and we decide we'd be better off walking back as to not wake him up in case he chose to jump through space and disappear again, so I called a tow for the car as we walked along.

I ended up giving Delores to Diego, who was clearly embarrassed to be carrying the mannequin, and I carried all of Five's folders and papers.

"Well, we can't go back to the house." Luther sighs as we walk down a pavement. "It's not secure, those psychopaths could come back at any moment."

Diego nods his head, "My place is closer, no one will look for him there."

Five leans over, belching. "Morning, princess." I mumble, glancing over to him as he ripped Delores from Diego's hands, holding her close.

"Don't look so happy." I mumble to Diego.

"If you vomit on me..." Luther warns Five.

"You know what's funny? Ah, I'm going through puberty! Huh. Twice." Five begins to chuckle. "I drank that whole bottle, didn't I? That's what you do when the world you love goes bye-bye, poof, it's gone. What are you guys talking about?"

"Two masked intruders attacked the academy last night." Luther sighs.

"They came looking for you." Diego adds.

"The same ones from the department store." I glance back at Five, who's face is scrunched up.

"So I need you to focus," Diego continues. "What do they want?"

"Hazel and Cha-Cha." Five sniffles.

"Who?"

"You know I hate code names."

"Ah, the best of the best." Five waves a hand dismissively. "Except for me, of course."

"The best of what?" Luther huffs.

"You know, Delores always said she hated when I drink. She said it made me surl-" Five chuckles, getting interrupted by Diego.

"Hey!" He raises his voice. "I need you to focus. What do this Hazel and Cha-Cha want? We just wanna protect you."

"Protect me? I don't need your protection, Diego. Do you have any idea how many people I've killed?"

I stop walking, realising I could still hear everyone perfectly, but they were a few meters behind me as they'd all stopped to talk, so I make my way back with an annoyed look on my face.

"I'm the four freakin' horsemen, the apocalypse is coming."

"Great. Can we keep moving?" I question.

Five leans over, vomiting on the path.