THE DAY THAT WASN'T.

AMBER HARGREEVES.                                                                                                                               present day.

"i love you, ain't that the worst thing you've ever heard?"

"FAMILY MEETING." Luther knocks on my door, and I yell out a groan in response, waking up to the interruption. I take my time to roll out of my bed and get ready for the day, showering and doing my makeup. I ended up wearing a black pair of shorts, which were high-waisted, and an olive-green cami top with a lace trim. When I was finished getting ready, I put some white socks on and sprayed perfume on myself.

When I make my way downstairs, everyone is sitting in the living room. Excluding Five and Vanya.

"Three days?" I walk in to hear Allison say.

"Yeah, that's what Five said." Luther nods his head.

"That old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it." Klaus sits down on the floor, crossing his legs. 

"But can we trust him? I don't know if you've noticed, but Five's a little..." Allison whistles.

Klaus chuckles. "Our little psycho."

"No, he was serious..even Vanya believed him." I add in, sitting myself down next to Diego on the couch while Luther and Allison sat by the bar. I've been thinking about this so-called apocalypse since Five mentioned it, just not what it really means for me. 

"It was pretty convincing," Luther nods. "And if he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse, those two lunatics wouldn't be chasing after him."

"That's why they came after us?"

"Mhm."

"What did Five even see?" Allison questions.

I look to Diego now, moving over and taking the coffee cup out of his hands so that I could drink it. He gives me an annoyed look, but doesn't argue.

"Uh.." Luther trails off. "Amber?"

"Hm?" I look up from the mug.

"Five? What did he see?"

I roll my eyes at Luther. "We all die. Horribly. Trying to fight the apocalypse." I brush through a strand of my hair with my hands. "So...maybe we're better off doing those bucket list things before we die."

Everyone suddenly looks at me with wide eyes, Luther sighing and trying to diffuse the situation by playing it down. "Okay, the plan is that we go through dad's fil-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa-"

"Wait a second..."

"Hold on." Everyone speaks at once, Luther giving me an annoyed look.

"You started it." I mutter under my breath, averting my gaze from him. "If you wanted to break the news quietly, you shouldn't have asked me." I shrug my shoulders. "I'm just telling you what Five told me."

Diego shakes his head, taking the coffee back and taking a sip.

"So what, all of us...die?"

"Everyone."

"Just- everyone in the house?" Klaus furrows his brows.

"No, everybody." I respond, listening to footsteps through the house. "One second." I mutter, getting up from my seat, Diego momentarily grabbing my arm with furrowed brows. I just blink a few times at him, confused, before walking off.

I make my way out of the room, into the hallway around the grand entrance, where I stop to see Vanya and a man beside her. "Oh." I speak out, blinking a few times. "Vanya, hi." I turn my head to look at her with a polite smile which she returns.