THE DAY THAT WAS.

AMBER HARGREEVES. present day

"do you think i'm cute? well it's too late to check and i don't care, you've got your tongue against my neck."

DIEGO DRIVES WITH ME and together we pick up the others, leaving Five and Allison in the back seats of the car.

I lean my back against the car seat, grateful to be riding in the passenger seat beside Diego. Something about being in the front of the car makes me feel more important to the mission.

Whatever tension there had been earlier was gone. I only picked up on the fact that it was gone when I noticed that Diego kept checking up on me by looking at me every so often by a side-eye. I'm not sure he knows that I know, but if he does then he clearly doesn't care enough to change his behaviour, so I disregard it.

"Diego," I lean over slightly and mumble so that Five and Allison wouldn't really pay much attention to me. I glance over my shoulder to notice both of them looking out the windows on each side of the car, seemingly preoccupied. Satisfied with this, I continue.

"Do you really think Klaus served?"

"In that war shit? Dave and all?" Diego takes a moment to look over at me, blinking a few times as he maintains eye contact before looking back at the road.

"Yeah. I mean, is it even possible?"

"Time travel?" He asks.

My eyes drift over to Five now, and I let a sight drift out of my lips lazily. "Five." I call out to him and he slowly looks at me.

"What?" He finally responds.

"Klaus?" I prod, figuring that he was listening to the two of us, even if we were quiet.

"Do you think I just appeared out of thin air? Of course it's possible." Five shakes his head at Diego and I as if we're idiots.

"You kinda did appear outta thin air." Diego interjects, causing Five to scoff.

"I already explained." Five concludes.

I shrug my shoulders, moving my body so that I'm sat fully back in my seat as Diego pulls over behind another car and parking.

"What?" I ask to him, glancing over.

He looks at me for a few seconds, pausing, before he glances into the rear view mirror and starts a conversation. "Okay. I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record, we just gotta get our hands on that file."

Allison leans over from the backseats, her head between the two of us. "And your plan is to..what? Just waltz in there and grab it?"

"I know the station like the back of my hand, sis." Diego retorts, now looking out the side-view mirror at the police station. "I've spent a lot of time inside."

"Handcuffed." Allison leans back into her chair with a sigh.

"Whatever. Here's the plan-"

Diego is cut off by Five who seems taken aback. "Plan? I'm just gonna blink in and get the file."

Diego slowly turns to look at him with furrowed brows. "No, that's not...you don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?"

Five rubs his temples. "I literally just did this yesterday."

"What?" I now question, confused.

"My yesterday, not your yesterday." he mumbles. "It'll take me two seconds, why don't I just go?"