THE DAY THE BUZZ BEGAN.

AMBER HARGREEVES october, 2006.

"all my friends are wasted, and i hate this club, and i drink too much. another friday night i've wasted, my eyes are black and red, i'm crawling back to you, babe."

MY 17TH BIRTHDAY WAS A BUST. It was the day I decided I was never coming out of the closet. Allison had told me on our birthday that she's moving out, and Luther was on a mission with Diego. Vanya was off doing God knows what, so it left only Klaus and I inside the Academy.

"I didn't get you anything." Klaus speaks as I walk into his room, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I got you something." I celebrate with him, walking towards his bed and flopping down beside him and pulling out a small, clear bag out of my pocket. "Well, us."

He mock-gasps. "You shouldn't have."

"Can you roll?" I lean over to look at him, watching as he sat up and took the baggy off of me.

"Lazy woman." He mutters, walking over to his desk and pulling out a rolling tray.

I fiddle with Klaus' CD player on his bedside table until it plays music, and the track resumes playing ABBA's greatest hits.

"Is that what you're wearing?" I was enjoying the music when Klaus interrupted my concentration, and I turned to see him wearing a pair of leather trousers and a black, mesh shirt.

"What's wrong with my outfit, Klaus?" I pout my bottom lip out in a way I knew would annoy him before standing up to admire my reflection in his full-body mirror.

I'm wearing a pair of blue, low-waisted boot cut jeans and a long-sleeved green cropped top. I turn slightly to admire my body from the side. "No food baby yet."

"If we wanna go out, we're gonna go out. Come on." Klaus grabs my hand, leading me out of the room and towards my own room, leaving ABBA playing through the house.

When we reach my room, he searches through my clothes for a few minutes, throwing pieces of clothing all around the room until he pulls out something I barely wore.

He holds it up to his own figure with a grin, a little black dress, the kind you can't go wrong with.

"What on earth would I need this for?"

"We're going ooooout!" Klaus yells, dragging out the 'o', "Not just to some park, either."

I groaned, kicking him out of the room so that I could get changed. I slip the dress on, fiddling with it until it fits comfortably on my frame. "Kay, come back in!" I yell out, causing Klaus to walk back inside and stop in front of me, smiling at the outfit.

"Perfect." He grins.

I sit down by my vanity dresser, fixing my eyeliner and hair before standing up again, still wearing my beat-up sneakers. "Are we ready yet?"

"Nope, we're gonna need tequila." Klaus winks at me, the two of us giggling and making our way downstairs into the living room, with me being a lookout as Klaus sneaks into Dad's liquor cabinet. I didn't mind being the lookout, as I was able to hear anybody that was coming.

Hearing footsteps in the grand entrance, I quickly rush forwards and make my way towards the person in the middle of the house, and crash into them on accident.

"Oh my gosh," I pant out, rolling over to stand up, looking to see that I crashed into Diego. "Oh. It's just you." I mutter.

"You are...so weird." Diego huffs, getting up and beginning to walk into the living room.