I HEARD A RUMOUR.

AMBER HARGREEVES                                                                                                                                present day.

"i want you by my side, so that i'll never feel alone again."

"AMBER, WE'RE LEAVING." Five's voice is at regular volume, a few halls down from mine, and I realise he's speaking from his own bedroom which is pretty far away from me.

I groaned out, knowing he spoke so far away as he knew I wouldn't be able to complain back to him. I crawl out of my bed, not feeling very refreshed from my 'power-nap' and fix up my hair and makeup, sliding on the first pair of shoes that I can find. I focus my hearing once again to listen to Five, realising he's in Klaus' room now.

I walk down the hall before I reach the room, standing in the door frame and leaning on my side as I listen to the two talk. "So, Pogo said that Dad killed himself to get us all back together, right?" Five talked with Klaus, nodding to me as I walked in.

"Yeah, so?" Klaus rolled off of his bed, fixing his chains and getting up. 

"So, it got me thinking. I had to jump to the future to figure out when it happened, but Dad, he can't time travel." Five paces around the room.

I let what Five is saying sink in, and a frown comes over my face. "So, what, he knew the world was gonna end but didn't tell us how or why?" I speak to the two of them.

Klaus calls over to me in response as he pulls a pair of socks on. "Well, you know...-"

"Don't answer." Five interrupted him. "Let Amber's question be rhetorical." He dismisses Klaus with a wave of his hand.

"No, I was pretty interested, actually." I mutter, turning back to Klaus with slightly raised eyebrows, awaiting his response.

Klaus sits up, giving him a death stare in response to being cut off, not bothering to explain his theory to me.

Five continues pacing and coming up with his theory. "Truth is, our whole lives he's been telling us we'd save the world from an impending apocalypse." He brings a hand up to his left temple, rubbing his fingers on his skin.

"Yeah," Klaus grabbed his shoes. "But I always thought he just said that to scare us into doing the dishes."

"Me too." Five sighed. "But what if the old man really knew what was going to happen?" 

I shake my head, stepping into the room now. "Why would he have let us all leave if he knew? Allison and I were gone right when we turned seventeen." I shudder, the flashback coming back to me from the day my power dwindled.

"So how would he know?" Klaus stands up, pulling a shirt over his head.

"No idea." Five mutters. "But the fact remains, his fakakta plan worked, we all came home. Since we're here, we might as well save the world."

"Fakakta?" I mumble out, mostly to myself.

"Oh yeah? What, like, the three of us?" 

"Well.." Five sighs. "Ideally, no, but...gotta work with what I got." Five leads Klaus and I out of the room and into the hallway.