NUMBERS ONE, FIVE, TWO, FOUR & EIGHT.

AMBER HARGREEVES.                                                                                                                               present day.

"i was overwhelmed, and frankly scared as hell, 'cause i really fell for you."

WE PARK BEHIND AN ICE CREAM TRUCK, and Diego looks up through the window. "Bingo."

"You know, they definitely know we're here." I remind him, taking off my seat belt and leaning over, between the two front seats.

"Well...did you hear them say that?" Diego leans over to look at me, to which I glance out the window with a huff. The answer was no, I hadn't. Not that I was going to tell him that, though.

Klaus takes a swig of his bottle. "You do know that killing these people isn't gonna make you feel any better."

"Yeah, but when it's done I'm gonna sleep like a baby."

"Sure you will." Klaus mutters as I watch Diego strap on gear to his chest, placing knives in their holsters.

"Stay in the car." Diego sits up.

"What are you talkin' about, this guy tortured me."

"Uh yeah, and he shot me." I chime in after Klaus.

"I have a plan." Diego looked at the two of us pointedly before opening the car door and getting out.

I scurry out of the car, going after Diego.

"Get back inside." Diego demands, but continues walking towards the motel.

"No point."

Diego doesn't put up much of an argument, instead giving me an annoyed look before we climb up the stairs together, making sure to be careful as I listen out for any footsteps which didn't belong to us.

"Hear anything?"

"Nothing." I whisper.

Hearing footsteps, I turn around and raise my fist, ready for a fight, when I'm face-to-face with Klaus, who blinks a few times, lowering my hand for me.

"So what exactly is the plan here?"

"I told you to wait in the car."

"Yeah, but you also told me that licking a nine-volt battery would give me pubes."

"Did it work?" I tilt my head.

"We were eight."

Klaus takes a swig of vodka before walking forwards, only to be grabbed by Diego and I.

"Uh-uh-uh." Diego walks him down a few steps.

"What? Come on," Klaus whines.

"For once in your life I need you to listen to me, okay? Now, go back to the car. If we don't come out in two minutes, we're probably dead."

"So..."

"That happens, go get help. Okay?"

Does this mean that Diego thinks we're gonna die?

They make their way to the bottom of the stairs, leaving me as a look out outside of the rooms, nervously turning my head left to right as I focus my hearing.

I turn my head upon hearing footsteps, noticing it's Diego who's making his way back to me.

Hearing the buzz of a television, Diego steps in front of me when I point to the room it came from, and he kicks the door open, holding a knife in front of us for defence.