Chapter 28

Lucifer turned to the old lady, speechless, raising his eyebrows. She continued, "They've been together since as long as I can remember. They were so happy and complete with each other....(started sobbing) But one night changed everything. They were going to get married a month after her 24th birthday. But they suddenly got a mission the previous night.....and...and my baby returned alone, empty, blood-stained hands after two days......(panting and weeping) No one knows what happened that night..". She lifted her head up to look at him. Her eyes were filled with tears, "She still torments and punishes herself for her loss....." and started crying again. He was puzzled after hearing all this. He didn't know what to do, but he just comforted the old lady and was lost in a trail of his thoughts. Just then Joanne returned, in sweats and with a couple of bags. Lucifer asked her, "What's all this?". "My necessities", and she hugged her old lady once again and planted a kiss on her forehead and said, "Mom, don't worry. I've got a new job and I'll come visit you every once in a while. OK! Take care!". And they left. 

Back at Jeong's Joint residence. They had just opened the main door at the entrance to the living room, when Jishin stopped them. With a domineering voice he exclaimed, "Where have you been?". She raised her eyebrows at him nonchalantly, "A place you could never find by yourself". His expression suddenly darkened, "Don't mock me! Did you get my permission before leaving?". She replied with a stern voice, "So, you've already forgotten about our deal, huh?.... I didn't just do it for nothing, you know! I did my part and now it's your turn. (smiling) Oh! You're in no position to control me anymore...... Good night everyone!" and went away giggling. Jishin was aware of his current position and preferred to remain silent. Lucifer was clueless and asked out of curiosity, "What kinda' deal was she talking about?". Seoyun answered in Jishin's stead, "Boss just signed himself up with the devil.... (Hesitant) You should've seen Mr. Yun's body. She's pure evil!". Lucifer could see the visible terror in Seoyun's face. Seouyn looked at Lucifer with concern, "I think you should stay away from her" and went away with Jishin. He was standing there alone, staring at the way where Joanne went earlier, thinking, "How can someone be so loving and so cruel at the same time?!". He was pretty perplexed. 

Next day. 

Joanne was out in the backyard, stretching in the morning. A keeper approached her, "Miss Joanne, Master Jeong wants you in the conference room right now". "Alright". She went up to the conference room, and knocked on the door. A voice came from inside, "Come in".