Chapter 58

She avoided talking to anyone to be safe. She had already called Ashish(Ashish Shinde, Joanne's ex-trainer) to inform him about the completion of the first step and to remain on guard at the entrance to let her in. She got in swiftly without any obstructions or raising any suspicions. Then they both went down to the Archives and the Server rooms, respectively, to retrieve the information that they both needed for their different purposes. Then they went up to the topmost floor where the Chief's chamber was located. They just burst into the room, startling him. Mr. Bose(the Chief) was lying idly on his desk chair, sipping wine. He dropped his glass upon seeing these two figures walking towards him. He was dumbfounded and felt as if a thousand feet thick thundercloud had descended on him. He was absolutely terrified to see them together, and sprang up from his chair. Stepping backwards, he stuttered, "How..... You're alive! How?? Why ...now? You two... ANSWER ME!! ANYBODY THERE?! GUARDS!!". Joanne spoke tilting her head, "Heh! It's only the three of us here". Ashish said, "You're surprised to see us together, right? I'm sure you never saw this coming, eh, Chief?.... You kept piting us against each other, 'cause you knew if we ever joined forces, you wouldn't be able to stop us! And isn't it true that you kept the truth about our families from us just so you could fucking manipulate us with it? (Exhaled) But alas! You won't be alive after today!". And they started to destroy every furniture in that room, except for some files and the computer on the desk. They kept torturing Mr. Bose, till he fell down on his knees, crying and begging at them for forgiveness. Ashish walked over to the computer and opened the Confidential folder, which seemed to be locked with a password. Seeing that he couldn't figure out the password, he glared at Mr. Bose and he blurted it out immediately. Ashish's expression darkened even more after reading through the files. Joanne noticed that and started flogging Mr. Bose with a thorned whip. She ripped off his clothes from top to bottom, rendering him blood-soaked, crawling on the floor and barely conscious. She didn't care and kept hitting him, when Ashish stopped her, telling her that he might be dead by then. "I have backed up everything from the computer in these pendrives. Here's one for you (he handed her one). And make sure you've gone through each and every file there on that shelf (pointing at the direction of the mentioned shelf) before leaving ". She nodded and went towards that shelf. Ashish immediately crouched down over Mr. Bose's body to check on his condition. He was barely breathing but Ashish kept this information to himself. After Joanne was done checking the files, Ashish literally dragged her out to put bombs in that building. They wanted to blow up the whole building, leaving behind no trace of the organization's existence.
He then quickly got out of the building with her after setting the bombs, and got into his van. She could sense his suspicious behaviour and understood that he was planning something else too seeing his haste in evacuting the building. Meanwhile, Ashish had already prepared someone to switch Mr. Bose's body with that of an identical corpse, rigth before the explosion. He was going to keep him in his secret chamber, without letting anyone know.
Ashish dropped Joanne off at an intersection near the hotel she stayed in and drove away thanking her. She kept staring at the vehicle driving away, thinking: "You're still so stubborn! Giving me a little more credit won't cost you your life ". She had secretly planted a micro-bug on Ashish's body without him noticing.

She quickly went up to Levi's room and told him to track the bug. Everyone else were waiting anxiously at his room for her return. Seeing her, they had an expectant look on their faces and so she explained everything without aggravating the situation. In the meantime, Levi kept updating her about the bug's location.

[Italics: Bengali language was used by the characters]