Chapter 32

Joanne went to a supermarket to buy things from the list. When she returned, she seemed to be really delighted, as she kept smiling at herself. 

In the evening. She got dressed and prepared to go out. Jishin, Lucifer and Jiho were out in the living room discussing something, and they spotted her walking towards the exit. Lucifer handed her the file warily, but didn't utter a word. She took it, went to keep it in her room and returned right away. Seeing her come back like that, Jishin asked her, "Hey! Where are you going? Who's gonna read the file?". She replied with her usual nonchalance, "I'm going out now. I'll be back before 9" and started to walk away. "But where exactly are you going? And why?". She stopped on her track, turned, "A date. You have a problem with that?". She rolled her eyes at him and, without waiting for his reply, turned away and left. Jishin got really aggravated this time, thought for a while and rushed out. The other two followed him, worried. Jishin got in the driver's seat and they got in quickly. Jishin tossed his cell phone to Seoyun, "Track her phone and tell me the location". Seoyun, fumbling with the phone, "Yes Boss!" , replied in a terrified tone. They set off down the path that she had taken. They arrived at a restaurant. They stepped into the restaurant, scanning the place and spotted her, sitting at a table facing them, and someone facing her. But they couldn't see who, because of the long back of the chair. Jishin walked alone towards her. Joanne was chatting when she noticed him approaching. She stopped, and the other person turned to look at him. Jishin was a bit puzzled. "You said you were going on a date. Where is he? I wanna see who the fuck is going to date you?", he blurted these out rapidly to her. Her eyes filled with rage, but she calmly said to that person, "Please excuse us for a moment" and dragged him to a far corner. He yelled at her, "What are you doing?" and jerked her hand off. "What the hell are you doing here? What is your problem with me?". "I just came to see your date". "You could have just asked me some other time. And...she is my date. You dumbass!". He was surprised at her claim, "What!...so you're...". "Yes! And you've got a problem with that too?". He got flustered and agitated, "N..no. It's not that", scratching his temple. "Then what? Say!". He started to fumble and stutter, "Umm... I was curious...you always seem too cold and....rude...". "Yea, so?". She sighed and continued, "Anyways. Just leave! (Raising her fist and glaring at him) Else I'll break your nose right now!".