Chapter 46

Seouyn came back soon and Joanne told him to hide behind a large cabinet and be on standby till she clears her throat and he would have to come out. A nurse came in with a bowl of soup for her and went away. Joanne reluctantly started sipping on it when the cabin door opened and a man came in. Seeing him, she nearly choked on the soup, "Y-you?!". He was standing still in front of her, "Go Siwon". "Ooh, yeah! I'm sorry, I'm not good with names. Sit down, Siwon!"(gently smiling at him). He sat down beside her legs and insisted on feeding her. She was confused, "Oh, you don't have to. I'm not hungry and it's gross anyway". "No, you shouldn't avoid these". She was irritated and pressing down his hand said sternly, "I said NO!". He was startled. To quickly resolve the situation, she softened her voice, "It feels good to have visitors. Thanks for coming!". "How are you feeling right now?". "I'm all fine. I hope to get discharged soon!". He handed her a paper bag full of apples, "I got this for you". She delightfully accepted it, "Oh my god! I love apples! Thank you so much!". He then got up to leave, "Get well soon, ok!". She nodded at him and waved. After he left the room, she quickly left the bed and went towards the door to check the surroundings and locked it. Seoyun came out too. She became impatient, "Just tell me one thing, who else knows that I'm here apart from your boyband?". "No one!". "Maybe it just slipped out from you and you don't remember. It could be possible ". "No! We may have talked about you but we never mentioned where!". "You sure?". "Absolutely!". She started rubbing her chin, "Then how did he know?". Seoyun seemed deep in thoughts too. "Come to think of it, he's new, right?". He nodded. "And who brought him in?". "Well, Woobin is sick soo...he sent his cousin to take his place ". "And did you check his profile and background?". Lowering his head, "No, we thought, it was alright..". She face palmed at their ignorance, "Oh man!". She suddenly looked at him, "Give me your phone". She then put Jishin and Levi on conference and called them for an urgent meeting at the HQ. She also told Levi to bring along his laptop. Hanging up, she stated, "Take me to the HQ". Seouyn was stuttering, "B-but you s-still need to r-rest". "I've had enough. Now let's get out of here". They told the nurse to keep up the pretense and not tell anyone about her absence from the hospital and went out of the building disguised. She also took the bag of apples with her.

At the HQ.
They  went up to Jishin's office. She gave that bag to a guard and told him to get those apples tested for any chemicals. Lucifer was already there. Jishin, Yujun, Jiho and Levi arrived soon. She then took all of their phones and told Levi to check them for any bugs or transmitters or anything. Jishin was annoyed than usual and it even worsened seeing her acting aloof like that, "What the hell are you trying to do?". "Making sure that all of your personal info are safe". "I don't understand! What-". She cut him off and asked him in a disdainful tone, "Did you do a background check on Siwon before taking him in? Or did you think it was okay since Woobin sent him?". He was at a loss of words and was looking away. Pinching her eyebrows, "Are you serious? And you call yourself a Mafia head?". Exhaling, she turned to Levi, "See if you can get anything on him". She then asked Lucifer, "How's your progress?". He suddenly remembered it, "Oh, wait!" and ran out of the room. Levi stated, "His primary data seems a bit too clean!". "Well, that's obvious! Try looking deeper". Lucifer returned with a tablet. He showed her a receipt that showed the purchase of a sniper rifle which was used to injure her that day. Buyer name - Kim Shin, who is a bounty hunter. A picture was also given. They were shocked to see the picture because it looked just like Siwon's. Levi, "Sis! It looks like you were right. He is a bounty hunter". The men were silent. She was staring at them just for them to admit their fault. She then asked Jishin, "Can I borrow your Dark chamber for a while?". "Yea sure. But why?". "Bag him and bring him here. And make sure you put him to sleep first". He nodded and called someone to do it. She then asked everyone there, "I'm gonna get some coffee. Anyone wants some?". All denied and so she left to get her extra hot coffee and a cigarette.