CHAPTER 16

Winter turns into a dog again and walks towards Vivian's office. She can see that they are all sleeping. she opens the door, shocking all of them.

"Winter!" Karina runs towards her and hugs her. "I miss you so much, big guy."

Winter melts into her embrace, sighing in relieve. She gives her a few licks to let her know that she missed her too.

The rest of them watches them in awe. That once scary big dog turns into a kind gentle one.

"oh... that's impressive." Chris commented. "what about the other guy? He's awake yet?"

"check on him, then." Vivian nudges his arm.

"no way. He's so much scarier."

'he's awake.' Winter barks at him. of course, he wouldn't understand. Winter nudges Karina with her snout.

"I guess, he is awake." Karina said.

"oh no." Chris gets a little panicked.

"don't do anything to him." Giselle looks at him.

"I can't even look at him. how am I supposed to-"

'silence.' Winter barks again. She then pulls Karina's jacket, telling her to take it off. Soon, smoke starts to cover them both and Winter turns into a human. With Karina's help, she covers herself with her jacket. Giselle grabs hers to cover the bottom part of Winter.

"ah!" Chris screams in surprise.

Vivian widens her eyes and covers her mouth. She's speechless.

"I don't want anyone to question anything. I want to thank you all for helping us getting my brother back. I will leave after this. I'm sorry for all the mess I've made and I will take that panther with us." Winter said.

"you can talk?!" Chris can't process all this. "am I dreaming?"

Winter then turn back into a dog.

"I- my pleasure to help." Vivian looks at Winter then glancing at Giselle.

"alright. We'll take care of things from here. Thanks, Vi." Giselle hugs Vivian.

"take me out of here. I'm tired." Vivian said to her ears, still hugging her. Giselle then pulls away.

"okay. I really miss you, Vivian."

-

Finally, their long journey ends. Giselle drives to the dark woods where she camped before Winter and Karina met her. going further, the arrived in front of the lake.

The four of them along with Daniel walks towards the lake. The moon and stars greets them warmly.

"you must be starving." Winter rubs Daniel's chin.

Daniel then drinks from the lake. Soon, some fishes jumps out of the lake.

"thanks, Amphitrite." Winter giggles. She can finally spend some time with her brother. even though he can't talk, being with him is good enough.

(you can leave him here.)

"I really miss Olympus." Winter said to Amphitrite.

(he can't use his power anymore. Soon, you will too.)

"that's nonsense. I will talk with Zeus. I'm sure he'll give him a chance." Winter argues.

(he won't listen to you, child.)

"then I'll find other gods." Winter insisted.

(come with me.)

Winter sighs. She then dips herself into the water, diving fully to follow the god.