CHAPTER 12

Spending the night with Giselle, Karina and Giselle wakes up first. They get along pretty well.

"she scares me a little bit. I don't know if she's some kind of mutant or something but what I saw that day really freaks me out." Giselle sits beside Karina.

"I understand. It's the first time I saw her glows like that." Karina stirs her drink.

"you guys must be so close." Giselle smiles a little. "it's nice having someone, right?"

"it is. You don't?"

"she's away now. last time, she's working in that hospital."

Then they both looks at each other, holding each other's hands.

"you're thinking what I'm thinking?" Karina asks.

"maybe."

"what are you guys talking about?" Winter comes out of the van, yawning.

"I know someone from the hospital... or lab." Giselle looks at Winter.

"oh. you guys really go together." Winter sits beside Karina. "have any plan?"

"maybe a cover-up?" Karina looks at Winter.

"what?" Winter actually knows what she's thinking. "if that's the last thing I have to do, then I'm in. we have other options, right?"

"then let's do that." Giselle chimes in. "I'll help."

Winter stays silent. Looks like that's the only thing she can do to get closer to Daniel.

"well, then. I'm gonna do this first." Winter stands up, smoke starts to cover her as she turns into a black dog. Her head is the same level as Karina's shoulder.

"oh, yeah, that's freaky. Also, so amazing." Giselle reaches for Winter's head.

"you really love animals, don't you?" Karina giggles.

"ah.. so you're related to him." Giselle keeps rubbing Winter's head, chin, and neck. "can you act like you're injured?"

Winter walks towards Giselle's shotgun. She then drops it in front of Giselle.

"no way." Giselle shakes her head. "I can't do that."

Winter looks at Karina, pleading. She then takes the gun again and shoves it towards Giselle.

"no, Winter."

-

Winter stays in her dog form, injured and losing a lot of 'blood'. With Giselle's van, they drove to Mozart hospital. Of course, it's a long drive. They need to make sure that Winter stays injured until they arrived.

"are you okay?" Karina looks back at Winter with a worried face. She had to be the one who shot her since Giselle refused even after they argued.

Winter whines at her, hoping that she's strong enough to find Daniel.

"hold on. We're gonna carry you out." Giselle unbuckles her seatbelt.

They parked in front of an animal hospital. Giselle and Karina carries Winter inside. They have to act panicked to gain the nurse's attention.

"if they found something weird about her, they'll take her to the lab." Giselle whispers to Karina. "please help! My dog is injured."

"please put them here." A nurse helps them put Winter on the metal bed and carries her to a room.

Winter stays still and lets the medics do their job. Of course, act sick.

"bullet holes. Vitals are normal...?" a man spoke. She continues to check on Winter. "call Dr. Ning. We have a new subject."