CHAPTER 2

"this shit's real bro. I saw it with my own eyes. it was so beautiful."

"dude, white panther cannot exist."

"then what the hell did I saw? A science experiment that escaped?"

Winter heard it all. She thinks that she's close to him. when those guys walks past her, she comes out of the alley and continues her search. The problem is, she can't just shift into her human form anytime she wants. She's gonna be naked.

She doesn't have anywhere else to go. Some people just stop to take her pics and pet her. then they leave.

'does humans don't care about animals?' Winter sits in front of a bakery. She then looks inside through the glass window, stands up with her hind legs.

"my on my... what a beautiful, dog." An old man comes out of the bakery.

'okay. At least give me food or take me away from here.' Winter looks at him and wiggles her tail.

"here. You look starving." He gives her a piece of bread and pets her head. "I'll give you a place to live."

Winter stops eating and looks up at him. she's glad she found another nice human.

-

Karina enters her boss's office. She managed to finish her work in a week.

"I tried." Karina gives him the script.

"okay... I can see the effort." He reads it. "this is still too... forced. Change up some things. add a thousand more."

"alright." Karina sighs and walks back to her office.

Sitting on her desk, her phone rang in the middle of her work.

"what Yeji?" Karina answers.

"I... a-choo! My dad found a stray dog. A-choo!" Yeji keeps sneezing.

"oh no. you have allergies."

"I know. But he's so cute! A-choo!" Yeji pauses. "but my nose won't cooperate."

"just take it to the shelter." Karina feels concerned.

"my dad likes him. he's playing with him right now. his fur is all over the place."

"come to my apartment, then. look at you. you can't stop sneezing."

"alright."

-

Winter gets tired of all this playing. She wants to stop but the man keeps calling her to play fetch or something. He also hugs her and squeezes her body while cooing her.

Then, she looks at Yeji who's at the door. If she wants to get her brother back, she can't just stay in this house. when the door opens up, she runs outside.

"hey! Get back here!" Yeji gets surprised.

Winter runs as fast as she can along the busy road. With her swift movements she's able to cross the road.

'I thought I was gonna get hit by those moving things.' Winter pants, sits on another alley. She then sees the girl chases her. 'oh no.' she runs fast further inside the alley.

BANG

-

Karina just got home. She sits on her couch and turns on the TV. To gain some inspiration, she decided to watch a romance movie. A binge watch wouldn't hurt right?

"Karina! A-choo!" Yeji rushes towards her, startling the other girl. "take him! a-choo"

Karina hold the black dog, looking at it. There's a scar on its forehead and it seems like it's weak and tired.

"I've seen him before." Karina looks back at Yeji.

"yeah?" Yeji stands a little further than them.

"I saw him the other day."

'you! you're the one that fed me the first time!' Winter barks at her and licks her face.

"he remembers you." Yeji sneezes again.

"but I can't just adopt him. I told you to take him to the shelter." Winter places Winter beside her. she just sat there watching TV.

'what is that moving box thing? Are those real humans?' Winter jumps down form the couch and sits in front of the TV. 'but I can't touch them, can I?'

Busy admiring the TV, Winter gets picked up by Karina to sit back on the couch.

"okay. I'm gonna leave you here with him. my nose is super itchy!" Yeji sneezes again.

"alright. I'll get him to the shelter tomorrow." Karina ends her short meeting with her friend.

Winter keeps her eyes on the TV. She doesn't know what she's watching but she's intrigued by it.

"you like watching TV? Your owner must've misses you." Karina pats her head.

-

Winter spends her time watching TV with Karina. For about three movies, Karina grabs her laptop and starts working on her story. This time, Winter gets curious again. She smells the laptop and stares at it.

"you're a curious boy, aren't you?" Karina scratches her chin.

'I'm hungry!' Winter barks at Karina. 'you have food right?'

"oh shit! I don't have a dog food." Karina looks around thinking. She then places her laptop beside her and walks to the kitchen.

Winter on the other hand, looks at the laptop and taps it a few times. Something pops up on the screen and Winter gets panic. She barks at it.

"don't! don't touch that." Karina comes back with two sausages and gives it to Winter.

'okay? Thanks I guess.' Winter takes both of the sausages and eats it in front of the TV.

Then, Karina focuses back on her laptop after changing the TV into a news station.

"the search for the white panther continues. The team found some pawprints along the Murray River up to the Murray Hill but the rare creature was ever seen.

'brother!' Winter barks, startling Karina. 'please hide somewhere. Humans are bad.' Winter whines at the TV.

"you want more food?" Karina sighs. She looks at her and it seems like she's focusing on the TV. Karina then changes the channel.

'no! don't change that!' Winter barks at Karina and jumps towards her hand. She looks at the remote and hits them with her paws rapidly. 'change it back!' she barks again.

"okay, okay. Stop!" Karina grabs the remote and change it back. "you're picky."

Winter walks back to sit in front of the TV. Hoping to find things about her brother.