20. 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞

And thus comes the end.

The landscape of Dragonspine had a quiet sort of beauty, dangerous, frigid, but kind of beautiful in its own way. Kaeya made his way up the mountain, to meet Dainsleif and certain doom.

Now there had been no certain location he'd told Kaeya of, but Kaeya found himself making his way towards the statue of Seven, because it's be, logically, the most ironic place for them to duel.

When he made his way up the mountain to the statue he saw that Dainsleif was already there.

And Kaeya thought it was a saddening scene with the lone dark figure amongst the sea of white snow.

No words were exchanged, no taunts or teases or cold remarks.

They simply looked each other in the eye and raised their swords.

This is the end.

- - - - -

It's not right, its not right, it's not right.

Diluc's mind ran with possibilities. No no no no no.

He said he'd tell me tomorrow! He promised! I trust him!

Yet the look on Kaeya's face had not seemed so.

"He is a liar. He'd shoulder his own burdens than tell me," Diluc muttered, "that's just who he is."

"I should trust him," Diluc said to himself.

Then he laughed, "but that won't be Kaeya, he's never been truthful to me."

"Nor have I ever been very good at trusting him."