Episode 30

Emma

I drain the tub, and we make out while the water level begins to drop. My hands roam all over his body, exploring every hard surface of his muscles. At one point, he grabs a fistful of my hair and tugs by head back, exposing my throat. I moan as he kisses his way down. He lowers his body between my legs so he can lick my breasts as I lean over him. His mouth finds my nipples, where he sucks gently until I'm dripping from between my legs.

When the level is low enough, he sits back up. I guide him to my entrance and sit down slowly, moaning as my body takes him in all the way. He impales me deep, and I whimper as I begin to rock on his hard length.

Kai's hands grip my hips firmly, and he helps me grind down on his cock while I moan. Both of us moan loud as I begin to ride him, moving faster and faster. I rub myself all over him, mewling as my orgasm fast approaches.

"Faster Emma," he commands.

"Yes Professor," I pant breathlessly.

Kai growls, kissing me hard. He begins to rock his hips to meet my rhythm. That's when my orgasm hits. Kai kisses me while my legs tense, and I fall apart screaming.

I slump over onto his body, moaning about how my body is tingling after such a powerful orgasm.

We fall asleep for a bit, but when we wake up I feel well rested. I smile feeling Kai's arm wrapped over me as we cuddle. After kissing his cheek, I pull back and lift his heavy arm off me. He groans in his sleep, mumbling something under his breath.

"Sorry," I whisper.

"Don't leave me," he mumbles.

"We should get going. I need to pack my things so I can make it back home in time for my shift this evening."

"Five more minutes of cuddling," he says sleepily.

I sigh looking at the cute expression on his face. "Alright," I tell him. "Five more minutes."

I lay down in bed, and he pulls me into his body. My head rests on his chest and he wraps both arms around me to cocoon me. "I don't want to let you go," Kai says.

"I don't want to go," I murmur.

We hold each other close, and my heart pounds in my chest when I begin to think of leaving him. We said we wouldn't wait for each other—I encouraged him not to wait for me. But when I think about it, how am I supposed to move on from this? How am I supposed to date someone else when I clearly have feelings for Kai? The thought of being with anyone but him makes me sick to my stomach.

I push the intrusive thoughts out of my mind. Right now, I should just enjoy the time I have left with Kai. We end up staying in bed longer than five minutes, but neither of us seem to mind. When we finally get up, it's midday. I decide to head to my room to pack while Kai does the same.

~~~
Kai

The drive back home is quiet because both Emma and Ellie fall asleep. I have to admit that they both look adorable while they're sleeping. Chester takes the opportunity to lecture me while he drives.

"You're an idiot you know," he says out of the blue.

I frown. "What are you talking about?"

"You're just letting her go? After how much you like her?"

"I don't have a choice," I say. "She's busy with school and the MCAT. And she's probably leaving after her senior year of college for med school. What's the point of starting a relationship with someone who is going to leave? Not to mention that I have a kid—I'm sure she doesn't want to play mom to a four year old at the mere age of 21."

Chester sighs. "You don't know that she's going to leave. She might get into med school here."

"I would never want her to compromise the school she wants to study at just because I'm here. What if she comes to resent me later because of it?"

"I doubt she would resent you for that. And it seems like her and Ellie really get along. You never know."

"Ches, I appreciate the advice. Really. But Emma and I have talked about this at length, and there's really no other choice. When you make me feel like I have a chance, it hurts because deep down I know there's no hope. So just...stop. Please."

He looks upset, but my brother respects my wishes. We drive in comfortable silence, which allows me to sit with my thoughts for a bit. Is Chester right? Do I really have a chance? Probably not. Why would Emma want to start a serious relationship with me right now? She already has a lot going on. It doesn't make sense to hold out hope for her.

I glance at her, admiring the curve of her cheekbone and her pouty lips in the rearview mirror. I want to kiss her. Waking up with her at my side earlier today felt so good. I kept thinking about how amazing it would feel if we could do that every day.

I'm so lost in thought that I don't realize we've arrived at The Small Bookshop Café until Chester gently shakes Emma awake. She yawns, stretching her arms. "We're already here?" she asks.

Chester nods his head, and Emma groans. "I don't want to go to work," she complains.

"I wish you could stay and hang with us," Chester says.

"Me too," she adds softly. Her eyes meet mine. "Well, I guess I should get going. You're dropping Ellie off with her mom today, right?"

"Yeah. It's Sadie's week now."

"Okay, I don't want to take up more of your time." I want to tell her that I don't want her to leave, that she can take up as much time as she wants, and that I want one last kiss. Instead, I say nothing. "Bye guys," she waves. She kisses Ellie's cheek, who is still fast asleep. Before I know it, she's gone.