Chapter 18

Liam's P.O.V

"Niall" I cried, jumping up, ignoring Harry's look. I raced into the kitchen and up the stairs, stopping outside his bedroom. Timidly, I knocked on the door. I heard a crash from inside and I knocked again, harder. "Niall, please let me in?"

"Why should I?" he asked. I could hear the hurt, evident in his voice. It tore my heart to hear his voice so mournful, to hear him so mournful. I would never hurt him like this. But I did. I rested my head on the door. All I ever did was watch out for him. I never let anyone else hurt him. Ever. Seems my efforts went all to waste though. The person who hurt him the most was me.

"Niall, please, let me explain" I almost fell through the door as he opened it, revealing his tear stained cheeks and eyes. It was the eyes that haunted me the most. I looked down at the floor, suddenly unsure of myself.

"How long have you two been a couple?" he asked stepping back. I looked up to see his eyes now full of accusiation, and anger. I walked through the door, uninvited, and sat down on his bed. He faced me, arms crossed.

"Its not like that Niall, we just wanted to see what it was like to kiss another guy" the words seemed weak to my own ears, and I could see he didn't believe me. I rushed on hurriedly.

"I had to confide in someone Niall, I had to tell him. Otherwise I would explode. You have no idea how torn I am right now. I love someone who will never, ever love me back. I watch over them every day, and they never show anything back for me. Harry listened, he understood. He has his problems, and I have mine. He helped me. I am sorry it hurt you" I looked up to meet his gaze steadily and saw it soften.

"Liam, I do understand. You have no idea just how much. However, I am hurt that you didnt tell me before now. That you never let on. I would have been the one to comfort you. Even to kiss you if you wanted it that much" Niall grinned suddenly and I burst into tears.

"I am sorry" I gasped, between sobs. I buried my head in my hands and felt his warm embrace round me. "I'm so weak"

"Crying isn't a sign of weakness" Niall's voice, unusually gruff, lifted my head from my hands. "It is a sign of someone who has been strong for to long" I looked over at him. I had came here to comfort him, but instead he was the one comforting me.

"You are always the strong, independant one, the leader" Niall stated. "You must tackle everything alone, you must be the one to be in charge, because everyone else is too immature. I love that about you" Niall took a breath and I looked at him, then looked away. How could he throw that word around. Did he know how much he hurt me to hear him say that.

"I know you don't believe me. But Liam, I do know what it is like to love someone who will never love me back. It might ruin our friendship to say this, but it needs to be said. I can't hold it in anymore either. I love how strong you are Liam. I love how you can sing, and charm an entire audience in the first word. I love everything about you Liam. I love you" he stood up suddenly, and went to leave.

"No Niall, don't go, please" he turned to face me and the words came out in a rush. "I couldn't confide in you Niall, because you were the subject of my dilemma. You are my forbidden love. I love you too" I turned away and went to the window. His arms round my waist made me catch a breath. Slowly he spun me round.

"You love me? Reall?" he asked unsure. I met his eyes. "With all my heart. You are so amazing, so beautiful. When you walk into the room, I feel like the sun has come from behind the clouds" I smiled, embarrased.

His lips found mine, in a soft kiss, and I sucked back, passionately. They were much nicer than Harry's. They felt so right. I gave a sigh. This is what I had been waiting for, for so long. My hands found his chin and I stroked his face, moving my hands up to caress his hair. He put his hands round my waist and pulled me closer.

After what felt like a millisecond, he drew back, puffing. I smiled at the beam on his face. "That was so incredible" he smiled and I grinned. "I love you" he said softly, and pulled me in for another kiss