Chapter 20

Wow!!! This is getting so many more reads than I ever thought it would. Of course barely any compared to other stories but still alot for me. I am posting only when I have the time, which isnt often thanks to my hefty trainings schedule and school, but I am trying. I am sorry if this isn't too good but I am not really in a writing mood, I just thought I better update.

Cheers Alura

Chapter 20

Louis's P.O.V

"So Lyn, tell me more about yourself" I suggested. We were up in my room, after Harry had kicked us out when Alicia came back. I had just shown her round my room and laughed over my crazy photo collection. Now we were sitting on my bed making small talk. Lyn was really nice and easy to talk to. I didn't really have a spark for her though. She was just too...sensible. I dunno, there was just something about her that put me off. I couldnt describe it. She was a wonderful friend and all, but I honestly couldnt see things going much furthur. Now with Harry on the other hand...

"...Then my sister goes and, Louis are you even listening to a word I am saying?" Lyn asked breaking off her story. I blushed guiltily. "Sorry" I replied and her expression softened. "You were thinking about Harry again weren't you?" she asked, a knowing smile on her face. I shrugged. "Harry is my mate, I was just remembering when we pranked all our sisters while they were watching a movie this one time" I giggled slightly recalling the incident, then tried to turn it into a somewhat more manly laugh.

"Louis, don't try and deny it, you have feelings for Harry. Feelings stronger than what you have for me. I like you, but I think you have your heart set on someone else. A certain someone with curly hair. I want you to be happy. You can only be happy if you get this guy" Lyn reached out and took my hand. I looked into her eyes, believing every word she said.

"Harry may like you, he may not. But you have to atleast try. Open your heart completly to him and let him decide if he wants you. If he says yes, great. But even if he refuses, atleast you know" I heard a door bang downstairs, and the voices of Alicia and Zayn floating up the stairs, laughing at some joke. I stood up and went to the window.

"You are right Lyn, thank you" I turned and smiled at her. She stood up too. "Remember, if things don't work out, I am still around" she walked to the door and exited.

I remained standing at the window for about five minutes, then hopped up on my computer and began googling. By the time Zayn popped into my room saying everyone was meeting downstairs NOW, I was ready.

I took one last look at my screen, then descened the staircase into the living room. Alicia and Zayn were cuddled up on one chair and Niall and Liam were lazing on the couch. That left me to squeeze on the final chair with Harry or take a spot on the floor. I stopped, seriously contemplating taking the floor. What if Harry thought I was trying to move in on him? What if I hurt his feelings by sitting on the floor? Luckily he chose for me by reaching out with one perfect hand and dragging me onto the comfy chair.

"Well guys, we are going out for sushi tonight and was wondering if you lot wanted to come. We are going to see that new movie afterwards but you lot refused my last invite so I am not sure if you lot want to come or not?" Zayn held up Alicia and his entwined hands and we all cheered. "Friends" he added and everyone laughed.

"I like sushi" Niall called and there was more laughter following that. "What don't you like?" Liam asked ruffling his hair. I raised my eyebrow. Liam caught it and grinned. " I would like to announce that Niall and I are a couple" he leant forward and the two exchanged a short but romantic kiss. More cheering followed that.

"Louis, do you want to invite Lyn?" Harry asked and I turned to him. Was it just me, or was sadness in his eyes as he asked me that. "Actually.." I stood up, leaving the sentence hanging and turned to face the entire room. "While we are at it, I thought I better express my true feelings too. However, everyone knows how hopeless I am at that so I decided to do it..." I pressed play on my Ipod "....with a song" the room was quiet as I turned to face Harry.

Now is the moment when he will reject me or declare his love for me. If I mess this up, I will never be able to get him back. It all comes down to this