Missing

Luke is a lieutenant and him and Julie are married.
Timespan over a couple months

Julie's pov
"Ugh do you have to go tomorrow?!?" I ask Luke for the millionth time. "Yes baby you know I do" he replies giving me a soft smile. God his smile is so perfect. "But you just came" he laughed and snuggled into him, he cuddled me and said "I spent a whole fucking month with you just now, it's time for me to go but ill be back soon" "fine but can we please spend our last day together" "ofcourse" he says and kissed my head.

So let me tell you, Luke and I have been married for about a year and a half now and we had been dating for like 3 years before that. He's a lieutenant in the army so he often goes away, but he always promises me to come back. I love him so much and I hate it everytime that he leaves.

Always at the back of my head there's this question when will I see him again? And eveytime he leaves I get emotional.

"So you wanna cuddle all day?" He asked "Hmm yeah I like it" He kissed my head again. We spent the whole say cuddling, watching movies, occasional make out sessions and many more things.

The next day
"Alright be safe" I say with tears as I hug him harder "I will baby don't worry, I'll come back to you" he said. I looked up at him in his beautiful eyes while a tear rolled down my cheek, he wiped it away and kissed me one last time before he left.

I went back home to an empty house but I knew that he would come back to me.

1 month later
Today is the day!!!! Luke's coming back,I hope. In his letter it said that he would come back today but he isn't here yet. Eeeeee I'm so excited to see him!! I can't wait. I've missed him so much, oh I just wanna be in his arms, want to be able to kiss him.

I wait for him the entire day but nothing.

I waited the next day as well.

I waited and waited. I waited for a whole fucking week and there was no sign of him. But he promised me he would come back. I sigh as tears rolled down my cheek.

What if something happened to him. What if he's in danger. I cry and cry and cry and cry until I hear the doorbell.

Could it be him. OMG my Luke is back!!!

I wipe off my tears and rush to the door. "Hi uhm are you Julie?" A man says dressed in the military suit "yes that's me" "here's a letter for you" "who's it from?" "Read and find out"

I went back in and opened the letter, it was from the army board for all army wives.

As soon as I read it I dropped it from my hands. NO NO NO IT COULDNT BE! HE PROMISED HE WOULD COME BACK.

I BURST INTO TEARS, HOW I WISH HE WAS HERE TO WIPE THEM OFF BUT HE ISNT.

The letter says that they don't know where Luke is. They say he crossed the border but now he's missing.

Oh God what will I do without him. I don't know where he is,or how he is. Is he even ok? And these people don't even know if he's dead or alive.

No it can't be. HE CANT DIE! HE CANT LEAVE ME ALONE, HE PROMISED HE WOULD COME BACK.

A FEW DAYS LATER
So it's been a couple of days since the letter and no sign of Luke anywhere. Everyday I go to the military boards office to see if there's any new but nothing.

I was sitting on our bed and saw a picture of us. I took it in my hand. It was a picture of me and luke at Disney with us wearing the mickey and miney caps and him hugging me from behind.