Chapter 19: I know (updated)

Luke's POV-

I was walking home, alone.
Sometimes I'd forget that Ali was staying with Michael for the time being and I would wait for her outside of school to walk home with me.
But she never did.
Ali's stepdad apparently didn't have any rights to Ali and Alisons aunt had signed papers that Alison would live with my mum until the end of the school year.

Haslen was coming over later which I wasn't really looking forwards to. When I got in Jack and Ben were eating while mum and dad were watching some reality show.
Jack looked up and could see the sorrow in my face.

He walked up the stairs and motioned me to come with him.
We walked into Ali's old room that was once mine.
Jack shut the door and sat on my bed.

"What's wrong?"
"What do you mean."
"Don't play dumb with me Luke. Is it Alison again?"
"No, yes. I mean yeah I like Has but Ali makes me feel a way that Has never can."

"Like down in your private parts?"
"No! You idiot. In my heart." I groaned.
"Oh, well what are you going to do?"
"Well I have to go to the formal with Has and I'm assuming Michael's going to take Ali. So really all my chances with Ali have fallen into a pit and slowly died."
"Wow okay well I have a plan but it'll take time."
"Okay."

"Michael will obviously bring Ali but I'll make Michael late and Ali will think he stood her up. Then you swoop in and make her feel better."
"That's a good ide- no Jack no, I can't do that. If Ali finds out she'll hate me even more. Maybe I should just let them be."
"But you love her?"
"I do, that's why I'm not making her and Michael break up. She's finally happy again. I'm not about to take her happiness away." Jack shrugged and walked out.

There was a knock on the door so I went to go get it.

"Hello."
"Hey Luke."
"Hey Alison? What are you doing here?"
"We need to talk," she walked over to the bed and sat down. I did the same.
"I saw the way you've been looking at me, Luke what's going on you're dating Haslen."
"I know it's just. I don't know Ali I really don't."

"Luke tell me."
"I can't you'll think I'm stupid."
"Tell me," she commanded.
"Fine. Ali you make me feel a way no one else can make me feel. With your silky brown hair. Your tan skin, when you smile everyone else has to. The first time I kissed you I couldn't forget the feeling even days after it."

"Alison I'm in love with you. And I've realized that no matter how hard I try I will never stop." without thinking I smashed my lips onto hers.

The thing is she didn't pull back she just kept going.
But I think she realized what was going on so she snapped back.

"Luke. I. No. Goodbye," she took one last look at me and started out the door, leaving me with that feeling that I could never break.

{Alison's POV}

God no Alison.
No!
Luke isn't for you and you aren't for Luke.
Even if the words he said changed my mind I couldn't just hurt Michael like that.
When I got in Michael was on the couch with Haslen.
They were kissing.
Rage and tears were everything I was in that exact moment.

"Michael," I whispered but he still heard.

He jumped up and ran to me.
He put his hands on my shoulders and tried to talk to me but everything he said was muffled.
All I could hear was my sobs and the front door closing .

"Michael please don't touch me,"

I backed up and he watched me ,tears also in his eyes.
It felt like my fault, I was far too broken to even love anymore.

My feet hurt by the time I had gotten to his door.
Luke answered, quickly engulfing me into a hug.

Haslen came from behind me.
I lunged at her making her fall on her back.

"What the hell? Get off me!"
"You ruined my relationships! All of them. Its not fair I've already been hurt enough to last a life time."
Anger filled me so I punched her, leaving her with a black eye.

"Girls, Girls!"
Jack grabbed Haslen and Luke picked me up from on top of her. I heaved, my hand feeling numb.

"Haslen, I think you need to leave."
She shook Jacks grasp, "Already on it."

She groaned and ran out the door.
Ben was on top of the steps with his mouth wide opened.

"Wow that girls feisty, I like it,"

Ben smiled and so did I. Jack just shook his head and they walked off leaving me with Luke.
"What the fuck just happened?"
"Michael cheated on me with her. I'm tired of her bullshit."

he hugged me not letting go.

"You don't deserve to get hurt like this."
"Luke I love you" I kissed him and this time I didn't have to pull away,
"Ali I think we should talk to Michael,"
"What why?!"
"We're all friends and we need to patch this up before tour."
"You're right lets go," Luke put on shoes, grabbed my hand and we were on our way.