Chapter 13: He's coming back (updated)

The next day we had school and had to take time off from being rock stars for a night.
Luke met up with me at the end of my driveway.

"So you won't believe it but someone found us!"
"What, I think we should consider calling the cops," I laughed.
"No, they want us to do a little tour around Sydney next month."
"No way really!!" I jumped up and hugged Luke.
"Yeah now let's go I can't wait to tell the rest of the boys." I nodded and we started running.

When we got into school we were short of breath and even sweating a bit.

"Are you guys okay," Michael laughed.
"M-M-Mi-"
"Okay just calm down then speak." Ashton giggled.
"W-were going on tour across Sydney!"

Calum's eyes were wide and a smile appeared on Ash's and Calum's faces. Mikey's mouth was wide open.
Ash grabbed us all and formed a big group hug.
Everyone stared at us but I couldn't care less I was probably the happiest right now then I've ever been in my whole entire life.

Suddenly my phone started buzzing.

"I'll be right back just let me take this."

I walked to the bathroom and answered my phone not recognizing the Caller ID.

"Hello."
"Hey Alison, it's your dad."

You're not my dad, I wanted to say.

Suddenly everything stopped and my heart rate was the only thing I could hear. I had no words for the man that made my life a living hell.

"Alison? Are you there?"
"Yeah um what's up?"
"My paroles up and all I need to do is sign a few more papers. I'm coming to Australia with you and your mother if it works out well."

No, no this can't be happening not to me and as soon as it was just getting better.
What if he actually hasn't changed and my life was just going to be the same as in New York.

"I-I um okay. Did you tell mom?" My throat felt dry.
"Not yet. I wanted to make sure all my assets were in order but I will be letting her know soon."

I could feel my skin physically turning white.

"Yeah okay, bye." I hung up and slid down the wall and but my knees up to my chin.

I knew if I stayed here I'd eventually cry in front of everyone so I got up to leave.
As I was walking out I walked past the boys.

"Hey- Alison what's wrong," Calum's smile soon faded.
"Nothing," I was on the verge of crying.
"Alison-"
"I'm sorry I'll see you guys later I've got to go," a tear escaped.

I knew they were going to trying to come after me so I started running. Shoes hit the ground behind me and they called my name begging me to stop.

Even if I wanted to, my feet wouldn't.
Bushes poked and cut my legs as branches scratched up my face. I was running straight into the forest at this point.
Tears were now overflowing my eyes.

The memories, they were all coming back.

His hand collided to my face making my cheek sting. Mom was on the floor crying from Dad kicking her in her ribs. "Ron stop!"
He smacked me again this time he kicked my feet from under me making me fall on my face. Tears were threatening to slip but I know if he sees you cry he just goes harder. Ron still wasn't done so he grabbed the bottle of Jack, taking a giant swig before kicking my mom in the head once more.
Even if I screamed her name no one could hear my cries of pain. If I tried to touch Ron I'd be in big trouble-

"Alison! Ali!" Luke was screaming in my ear and trying to pick me up.

I was laying on the ground with drops of blood around me and tears and dirt on my face.
Michael, Calum, and Ash had worried looks on their faces.
I turned to Luke and pulled him into a hug.

"Alison what's going on?" Michael asked helping me up from the ground.
"H-he's coming back."
"Who?"
"M-my stepdad! He's the reason we moved here to get away. Ever since my mom re-married my life's been a living hell. He would beat my mom and I senseless."

I could see the anger grow in all their eyes.

"Then why are they letting him come back!" Ash yelled.
"Cause he's obviously got them fooled into thinking he's changed so they'll let him go."

"Well he's sure as hell not ever touching you, Alison when he comes back all of us are staying with you and never leaving you or your mums side."Calum said.

All I could do was sob into Lukes arms while the other boys rubbed my back. Luke picked me up and carried me back to Ash's car.

We all decided to skip school that day and hang around the lake by Ash's house.
They didn't ask much more about him and I was glad because even saying his name made me sick.
I knew I had to tell my mom that he was possibly coming back.
I didn't want to focus on this because all my attention needed to be on the band and the tour next month. When I got home I decided to Skype Lilly and Alex.

"Hey Ali!"
"Hey guys."
"What's wrong you seem kind of down, wait is it that Luke boy again!" Alex said.
"No, Ron's coming back soon."
"No, Ali tell me you're joking."
"I wish but he called me at school and told me to tell my mom."

"He can't be alone with your mom and you, he'll hurt you two. I know he hasn't changed a bit!" Lilly was getting mad.
"Don't worry Michael, Calum, Luke, and Ashton are staying with us."
"Okay just be careful Ali, love you," Lilly said.
"Love you guys too bye."

We ended and I walked downstairs to tell my mom.

"Um mom?"
"Yes sweetheart?"
"Can you sit down."
"What's going on?"
"It's Ron."

She stopped and dropped the papers in her hand.
Tears were threatening to spill, I could see.