Chapter 15: After the phone call... (updated)

Michael's POV-

I hung up the phone and kicked the hoodie laying on my floor.
I grunted.
A little tear slid down my face.
Alison has done so much for me and she was leaving.
Somehow she found a way to be apart of my life, show me people that will possibly be my friends for life, made me do something that I actually love, show me what it's like to be myself again.

Now she was leaving me!
She was always suppose to be here!
For me, Luke, Calum, and Ashton.
Now she's moving and I'll never see her again.
Maybe if I knew Ali when she lived in New York I could've found out about her father and have him arrested sooner.
Maybe if I hadn't put as much trust and love as I did into her she wouldn't make me feel this way just by leaving.

In a way I was mad at myself for feeling this way for one single person.
But I knew one person who was even feeling worse about this.
Luke.
He was probably living through hell. He's never been like this with a girl. Yeah he's had girls that he's 'loved' , but not like what he has with Alison.
It kind of made me jealous that he could have that and I couldn't.

But one night he talked to me after he'd hurt Ali.
He said that he would never forgive himself for making such a pretty, smart, and wonderful girl like Alison feel this way.
When we were left alone while Ali made pizza that first day I came over to Ali's he actually talked to me.
He said, " Michael I really like her and would do anything to make her happy. I know she wants to be your friend so whatever you don't like about me can you just forget it.

Cause I know how much Ali would love it if you and me got along, cause all I really care about is if she's happy."
This was probably like losing a family member to him.
And I still can't get the words," cause all I really care about is if she's happy," out of my head.
My door opened and in came my mom.

"Michael what's wrong?!"
"Ali sh-she's leaving." I didn't realize that I was softly crying.
"Sweetheart I'm sorry."
"No it's fine, I'm fine, I-I just need to be left alone."
"Of course, do you want anything."
"No."
"Okay," she walked out and closed the door behind her.
"But I do need something, Alison."