Chapter 12: Show Time (updated)

-4 says before the show-

We sat in Michaels room practicing almost every day.

"Guys." Michael stopped abruptly.
"What?" we all asked concerned.
"I just realized we don't even have our drummer right now."
"Shit, Irwins gonna get an ass kicking."

Calum rushed up and went to call Ash.

"Hello?"
"Hey Ash, Calum here. Ya know that guy from the band you're apart of."
"What is it?" I could hear him groaning, like he had just woken up.

"We need you to play drums with is at a hotel full of 200 people in 4 days. So please join us for practice, it started an hour ago."
"Shit shit shit."
"I'll see you soon." Calum hung up seemingly annoyed.

-later-

Ash was still not here and it was almost an hour since Calum called. Michael was pacing around the room, Calum was fiddling with is hands, and Luke was strumming his guitar.
That's when Ashton came running in. He was all sweaty and out of breath.

"What happened, did you fall into a pool on your way here?" Calum asked.
"No, Michael's house is further away from mine and-"
"Nice purple shirt," Michael said with a smirk.

He shot Michael an dirty look.

"I think it's adorable," I started giggling.
"Shut up, now come on let's play."

We practiced till 11 o'clock at night. Everyone left Michael's house to get some sleep.

-day of the show-

6:46

"Come on let's go, Ashton set up the drums there, Calum test everyone's microphone, Michael make sure the guitars are in tune, Luke and Alison start with some vocal warm ups." that was the hotels manager telling us what to do.

We all did as we were told. There was a little break before we played.
Luke pulled me to the side.

"Can you believe this is happening, we're actually preforming for people."
"Remember that time when you said you were only going to preform for your family and me?"
"Yeah."
"Not anymore." I walked away.

People trickled in and we were about to start. But it still didn't seem like a lot. What were people doing?
Wasn't the performance suppose to be at 7?
The manager pulled us to the side.

"Where are all the people?" Calum had a confused look on his face.
"This is everyone."
"There's like 12 people here," Michael said.
"Well the show will still go on so let's do this guys." I shouted.

We got out there and all the people were screaming.
Ash sat down at his drums, Michael, Calum, and I grabbed guitars, and Luke went up to the microphone.
The first song we did was teenage dream.

At the end of the show we all bowed. All of us walked backstage and hugged. This was probably the greatest thing I've ever done.
Especially since it was with my best friends.

We piled all our equipment into Ashtons minivan. As we were driving back to Luke's house, Michael exclaimed.

"So guys now that we played our first show does this make us a band?" Michael asked.