Guns And Laces: The Journey Begins

Guns And Laces

The Journey Begins

Chapter One

"I will burn you, inch by inch, if you so much as think of harming her. I am restrained only as long as she's breathing. After her, I don't guarantee you shit."

-Angelo

"When will you come back?" Eirene, my younger sister, asked.

I sighed into the phone and looked at the view ahead of me. The sun was setting, painting the sky in hues of yellow, orange, and red.

Despite that the day was coming to an end, there was no calm. In New York, there is always a constant hustle and bustle. Never a moment of peace, I guess.

"I'll be back in a couple of weeks, Lea." I told her, addressing her from her middle name; Azalea.

"I miss you." She whispered.

I smiled, genuinely, "I miss you too, Lea. Don't worry, I'll be back soon."

"Take care, okay? I'll talk to you later." She said and ended the call.

I placed the phone on the coffee table behind me and leaned back on the balcony railing.

Eirene and Aegues, her twin, were my half-siblings. My father had an illicit affair which later turned into a marriage.

He called it love.

I called it bullshit.

A man like him could never love anyone, except himself.

Nonetheless, my siblings were the closest to my heart. They were my family and I won’t think twice before putting my life on line for them.

Especially Eirene. Because being in army has made Aegeus tough and capable enough to look after himself, but my little sister would forever be little for me.

Running a hand through my hair, I went back inside the room and slipped on a sweater before grabbing my coat, car keys, phone, wallet, and a pack of smokes.

I stepped out of my condominium and looked around. There was no one here, this floor was mostly empty that’s why I bought a condo here.

However, just as I was walking towards the elevator. I heard a door lock clicking behind me and just when I turned around to see who it was, something silky whipped on my face causing my eyes to shut and I took a step back.

Someone zoomed past me and I heard the clicking of heels echoing in the empty hallway.

“Oh my God, I am so sorry. I am getting super late.” I heard a soft feminine voice.

By the time my eyes opened, I saw a girl in olive green trench coat running in the direction of the staircase.

“I’m so sorry.” She shouted over her shoulder before disappearing out of my sight.

For the next few seconds, I kept standing there while staring at the direction the girl just went in.

That’s odd.

I haven’t seen anybody here in months.

Blinking, I looked back at the condo she came out from and frowned when I read the number.

09.

A young girl used to live there. But, I was pretty sure that it was not her because I had encountered her once or twice. Besides, I heard that she hadn’t come back in months now.