Guns And Laces: Chapter 14

Guns And Laces

The Journey Begins

Chapter Fourteen

"You'll be able to catch him over this beautiful, dead fuckin' body. But even then, he will be the one coming after you."

-Rheannon.

“Skye.” I heard my (fake) name being called and turned around.

“Yes.” I answered, just as I came out of the changing room.

Now dressed in my black silk top and cream pants, I grabbed my hair and twisted them in a loose bun.

I looked at Tiffany who stood with a sharp look on her face, her eyes had turned to slits as she watched the last of the girls leaving the makeup room.

The glasses that were perched on her nose had slid down, a little more, creating a more intimidating look.

She then turned to face me and her expressions instantly changed and I watched her eyes taking me in with appreciation.

“You know, everyone has their own story, but I don’t understand you.” She spoke.

“What?” I whispered in confusion.

“Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror? With those lethal looks, you could get away with a murder. Multiple murders.” Tiffany said and then chuckled.

My breath hitched.

“Our Boss is a great businessman in the eyes of the world, but for me and with all due respect, he’s so foolish for not allowing you to entertain privately. You could earn him millions, billions, in profit.”

I frowned at her bluntness and Tiffany saw that.

“Oh, don’t get me wrong hun. I understand what I am saying and what this business is, ain’t ideal but this pretty face and gorgeous body of yours, is simply too perfect for this place.”

She paused and then shrugged, “Maybe that’s why Boss wants you all for himself. Maybe, he’s not as foolish as I thought he was when he prohibited the most stunning stripper from giving private shows.”

I gulped and averted my eyes from hers

“But you’re not cut for this world, and I sincerely hope that you get out of here soon.” Tiffany said and without waiting for my response, left the room.

Leaving me in a mixed state of emotions at her honesty and bluntness.

Shaking those thoughts away, I grabbed my black coat that was hung in the rack and put it on before leaving from there.

As soon as I opened the door, the cool wind slapped my face and I closed my eyes briefly, relishing in the numbness of it all.

I thought I loved fall the most but I loved winters even better.

These seasons numbed everything.

All the pain, all the worries.

And for so many other reasons, I just loved them.

I held my coat tighter around me and started to walk when my eyes landed on a black convertible corvette parked alone in the parking lot.

And on the bonnet was leisurely perched none other than Angelo Petrakis.

My heart skipped a beat but I did not make an attempt to move from my spot.

I was at the opposite end of where his car was parked and because there was no source of light where I stood, I was sure he could not see me.