Guns And Laces: Chapter 13

Guns And Laces

The Journey Begins

Chapter Thirteen

Third Person’s POV:

As soon as Angelo had left, Rheannon remained rooted to her spot on the couch and the tears had started to pour down more vigorously, than before.

Deep down she did not want to reject him, let alone send him away. But she could also not let him become a part of all this. Her life had been this way for as long as she could remember.

As much as she wanted to love selfishly, she simply could not.

Her life did not allow that.

In all twenty six years of her life, she had not complained even once about all that had happened and all that was happening but sitting on the couch alone that night, she felt as if somebody had placed her heart on a bed of thorns, then mercilessly ripped it apart.

Lost in her thoughts, she did not realise when somebody had knocked on her apartment door.

It was only when the knocking had become insistent that Rheannon looked at the door and quickly rushed towards it.

Her heart had hoped that it was Angelo and without looking, she swung the door open with a ghost of a smile on her lips.

But it disappeared as soon at it had come.

Once she came face to face with the people on the other side, her face lost all its colour.

Yet she did not make an attempt to move or even close the door.

She had recognised those faces; they had appeared numerous times in newspapers.

She was never a fan of news but ever since that night, she had made sure to check every newspaper that had ever existed.

Lara Jonas and Kian Jonas stood there with lethal expressions on their faces. Unknowingly, the first thing that Rheannon had noticed about them were the leather gloves on their hands.

She knew they meant business.

She stepped aside, giving them space and permission to enter her apartment.

Both siblings looked at each other in confusion but proceeded to step inside, without any hesitation.

Rheannon closed the door and, behind her, heard the click of a gun.

She sighed but before she could turn around, a feminine hand grabbed a fistful of hair from the back of her head causing a hiss to escape her mouth.

She could tell it was a feminine hand by the nails digging in her skull, drawing out blood.

“Lara.” Rheannon whispered.

Lara’s hold loosened on her hair and that gave Rheannon enough time to turn around.

“How do you know my name?” Lara enquired.

Rheannon met her cold, pale blue, eyes that held nothing but sheer anger in them.

She would have been scared of the hostile energy emitting from the brother and sister duo had she not been subjected to the same treatment, her entire life.

She gulped and opened her mouth to speak, “I have been following the news.”

Punch.

The sound of a bone cracking echoed in the air and Rheannon bit her hip to stop the scream that threatened to push past her lips.