Guns And Laces: Chapter 17

Guns And Laces

Halfway Through

Chapter Seventeen

"I will burn you, inch by inch, if you so much as think of harming her. I am restrained only as long as she's breathing. After her, I don't guarantee you shit."

-Angelo

Angelo, this is Sierra. My sister. Though I am sure you must have met each other before.” Rheannon introduced me to her sister who was sitting across from us.

Sierra was the exact opposite of Rheannon in all physical attributes. While my Anna had caramel hair, Sierra was a pure blond and the colour of her eyes was a light brown.

It made me wonder who did Rheannon get her eyes from.

“Briefly, yes.” I nodded my head with a polite small. “It’s nice to see you again, Sierra.”

“Likewise.” She chirped and sat closer to the edge of her seat so she could hold Rheannon’s hand over the table.

Rheannon wanted me to meet her sister and so I took them both out for dinner, tonight.

“Are you guys dating?” The twinkle in her eyes made me chuckle.

“Sera.” Rheannon mock glared at her.

“What?” She shrugged. “I am only asking because I need to know my sister is in good hands.”

“She is. Don’t worry about that.” I responded and drew Rheannon closer to me, instinctively.

“Aww, you guys look adorable. Can I take a picture?”

She was so excited I couldn’t turn her down and looked at Rheannon only to find her eyes already trained on me.

I smiled and kissed the top of her head and we both turned to look at Sera whose eyes had widened so much, I could practically see hearts in them.

“Don’t you wanna take a picture?” Rheannon asked.

“Oh I already did when you both were busy staring at each other.” She teased and tapped on her phone a few times before placing it back on the table.

“It’s all about the candid moments.” She added and looked at Rheannon.

“I missed you.” Rheannon spoke, her voice barely above a whisper.

Sera teared up instantly, “I bet not more than I missed you.”

Rheannon squeezed her hands in turn, “How’s your mom and dad?”

Sera instantly withdrew her hand and for the first time tonight, I saw her stripped off all the emotions.

She scoffed, “You’re unbelievable, you know?”

Rheannon appeared hurt for a second before masking her expressions, “I am only asking.”

“It should not matter to you. Stop caring about them.”

“I don’t care about them, Sera. I am only concerned because they are still your parents and a huge part of your life.”

“They were stripped of the title the very night they threw you out.” Sera spoke harshly and ran a hand through her hair. Frustration evident on her face.

My jaw ticked at this newfound information.

“Stop it, Sera.” Rheannon warned her, serious this time.