Guns And Laces: Chapter 15

Guns And Laces

The Journey Begins

Chapter Fifteen

"You'll be able to catch him over this beautiful, dead fuckin' body. But even then, he will be the one coming after you."

-Rheannon.

I popped open the bottle cork and poured the amber liquid in one of the many whiskey glasses lined up on the small built-in bar in the room.

My nerves were jittery but I had put up enough makeup today, as a shield, for my facial expressions to cover any traces of nervousness and fear that edged closer to the surface, with each passing minute.

If my calculations were right, I only had about thirty more minutes before Tiffany arrived. Or worse…Angelo.

I shook that thought off instantly. Angelo was in Greece for an urgent business matter and he was not supposed to be back until tomorrow afternoon.

And Tiffany had taken the first half of the day off to attend her son’s football game.

No one would know if everything went according to the plan.

The only thing now left to do was get out of here as soon as possible, and shake off all the negative thoughts.

I plastered a sweet (fake) smile on my face and turned around with the glass in my hand.

I strutted towards the man and each sway of my hip conveyed a purpose.

For him, it appeared to be lust. For me…it was vengeance.

His arms were sprawled over the back of the couch and he leisurely ran his eyes up and down my body.

Bile rose up my throat but I swallowed it with another one of my very-well practised smiles.

I hunched over, enough, so he could get a good peek at my breasts and finally handed him the glass of whiskey but did not let our hands graze.

Partially because I did not want to and mostly because of the glint in his eyes.

His eyes shamelessly displayed hunger and greed.

Of course, not for the whiskey.

I stood up before his hand could latch onto my wrist and took two steps back.

“Why don’t I give you a private show while you enjoy your whiskey?” I said and my eyes went to the strain in his pants.

“We’ll take care of that, later.” I winked and turned around, with an exaggerated swing of the hips.

It did not take a genius to figure out where his eyes were.

I was currently in one of the private rooms of Euphoria, even though I was strictly forbidden, but an opportunity had presented itself and I grabbed it.

I had to.

There was no other option.

The man sitting in front of me was one of the bodyguards that I had made a fool out of that night when Sierra was forcefully taken away.

He obviously did not recognise me because it had been dark in the corridor that night, with a red bulb being our only source of light.

I perched myself on the standing pole in the centre of the room and took a swift turn around it, my legs latched onto it like glue.