Guns And Laces: Chapter 2

Guns And Laces

The Journey Begins

Chapter Two

"You'll be able to catch him over this beautiful, dead fuckin' body. But even then, he will be the one coming after you."

-Rheannon

"Skye, you're up next." Tiffany, our manager announced while looking at the clipboard in her hand.

The hair at the back of my neck stood in alert. It has been more than two weeks since I joined this club as a stripper yet I was still unable to get the hang of this new life.

No matter how uncomfortable it made me feel, I had to do it.

I had no other choice.

"Get used to it, honey." Her voice brought me out of my trade and I blinked up at her.

"Yeah." I whispered.

I turned to look in the mirror and almost did not recognise the person who was staring back at me.

Rheannon was gone.

Skye was wearing a sparkly red lingerie that covered only what needed to be covered.

The rest was left exposed to provoke the audience.

My long hair reached till my waist in loose curls and my face was painted in the most minimal makeup.

Shocker, right?

Well, minimal except the lip colour that was bold and enough to grab anyone's attention.

A cherry red shade.

And my violet eyes were left as it is. Despite me nearly begging to wear lenses, Tiffany and Jake, the makeup artist, refused.

They said that they were unique. And of course, good for business.

I could not argue over that.

Or anything for that matter.

I needed to stay here, right now.

And for that, I needed to do everything as told.

I was new so I was not much aware of the rules of Euphoria but I was trying to get the hang of it.

I looked at the door and sighed quietly.

When those two girls come back, I will have to take the stage for the next five minutes.

Five minutes may sound like nothing but for me, they were excruciatingly long.

I heard the music stop and my heart rate picked up. Nonetheless, I grabbed my red button down which was made out of a sheer fabric.

I would go as far as to call it a formality.

“Go girl, kill it!” Tiffany hyped me up, like always.

Come to think of it, her and Jake were the only ones who ever even talked to me. The rest of the six girls were just…weird.

They barely acknowledged me and I could not be more thankful for that.

With a newfound confidence, I strutted towards the door and swung it open. My eyes took a couple of seconds to adjust to th extremely dim lighting and I did a once over of the crowd.

Tonight was not much crowded.

The hall had roughly fifty people and that was not much given that I have mostly seen both floors jam packed.