Chapter 29: Avoiding a Lover's Concern

Art belongs to me. Link to my tumblr account is in bio. Check it out if you have any questions. Enjoy!

~~~

Vegeta opened the door to the abandoned home, and disrelished at the sight of overpowering dust covering every part of the room. The floors, the windows, even the small space under the couch was nearly filled with dust mice. He shivered and stepped in slowly. He meant what he said- he wasn't sleeping outside, and the sky was already turning dark.

Goku winced at the room and hesitated on coming inside. After Chichi had passed on, he never looked after the house as well as her, and he doubted his sons bothered coming here after he died too. He could see footprints, hidden under a lighter pile of dust, but still noticeable in the remaining daylight.

"Um, Vegeta?" Goku heard a grunt in front of him. "Why did you choose this house again?"

"Because it was the only house that was close and still intact." The prince stopped walking and froze.

Goku followed his actions, confused. "Veget-?"

A loud kitten sneeze interrupted Goku and his eyes widened. Vegeta rubbed his nose and grumbled something under his breath, before another kitten sneeze came out of him. And another. And another.

And another.

"God dammit!" The prince yelled. "There's too much dust in here, I can't fucking-!" He sneezed again and screamed.

Goku smiled, and laughed at his actions. Even now, he still found his prince adorable to him.

"Shut up, Kakarot! This is your fault!" He sneezed again. "You should have cleaned this place up before you died! Then-!" Vegeta felt another sneeze and ran out the door. But Goku could hear it from inside anyways.

He chuckled and looked around the abandoned house. Looking past the dust, the place barely changed. The same photo frames of his family hung on the walls, the familiar monotone colored vases with their dead flowers.

He glanced at the kitchen and wasn't surprised to see everything in place. He smiled sadly. Just as Chichi wanted them to be when she was still around.

He shook his head and looked outside the window nearby, where he could see his little lover furiously screaming and rubbing off whatever dust managed to stay with him.

Beside him were a short line of graves. Those definitely belonged to his family, that he was sure. He remembered burying Vegeta and Chichi there, he probably was buried beside his spouse, since they were husband and wife.

He raised an eyebrow when he noticed there were four graves, with the one closest to the house broken, with the headstone tossed not too far from it, and the dirt dug up around the front. He only remembered one body buried close to the house before Chichi, and her body was the closest to their home after it. One grave he made sure was perfect for a prince like Vegeta.

"Finally!" Goku's attention snapped when he heard Vegeta sigh and enter back, rubbing the last bits of dust from his nose. "God, I might destroy this house if it makes me go through that again, hmph."

"Vegeta?" Goku glanced at the small graveyard before looking at his little lover.

"Hm? What now?" Vegeta sniffed and crossed his arms. He watched Goku with bored intention as the taller male looked sullen the longer he stared through the window again. "What, did you see something out there?"

"Who touched your grave?" Goku looked at the prince again. Vegeta seemed puzzled at first before the taller male saw the other's eyebrows rise in understanding. "Well? Who did it?"