Chapter 7: A Brother's Secret

Art is not mine, belongs to original artist!

If the artist doesn't want their work posted, message me so I can take it down.

~~~

"No no no, get away from that." Vegeta cooed as the black cat tried to tap the telescope lens peeking out of the box. He picked the feline up and hugged it before sitting back on his bed. The flame-haired boy looked around his room- a few boxes lying by his door, an empty closet with it's doors hanging out, and two tired boys sitting on the ground.

"'Geta . . ." Goku whined, pouting at the smaller male. It took all of Vegeta's strength not to squeeze the other's cheeks. "I'm hungry! Can we go eat?" Nevermind, he'd rather forget he even knew the man.

"Do you always think with your stomach?" The smaller male saw Scratch's ears perk up, before jumping off the bed and leaving the room. Vegeta looked at the clock and sighed. "Nevertheless, it's almost 12:00, which means lunch is starting." He stood and stretched for a bit as shouts of joy and cheer erupted from the Son brothers.

Before the smaller male could say anything else, he felt someone grab his arm and drag him out the room. Vegeta looked up in confusion and anger to see Goku's spiky hair and ridiculous smile. Of course the oaf would drag him and not let him walk in peace. The smaller male smiled a bit and soon matched their pace. Somehow that fool managed to make a small gesture seem so nice to him. He wondered why.

Goku didn't really care about anything other than the feeling of having food in his mouth again. He followed Vegeta towards the dining room and gawked at the amount of food laying on the table when they entered the dining room. Without a second thought, he ran off to sit down on the table and grabbed whatever food he could see onto his plate. Vegeta laughed and sat beside him while Raditz mimicked him. "Thanks for the food!" The Son brothers yelled with towers of food in front of them.

Vegeta's father only scoffed and started eating. "Animals . . ."

"Otets." The smaller male glared at him, gritting his teeth. Did he always have to have an opinion on Vegeta's choices? "They can eat as much as they want. You can regain the food they eat with money anyways, just like everything else you lose."

Goku ignored them and looked at Vegeta's plate, the ceramic shining with nothing on it. "Hey, 'Geta. Why aren't you eating?"

"Because my sons know better than to scarf anything down their throat. Especially Vegeta." The older man jeered, his stare never leaving the taller male. "We Ouji's always eat little so we maintain our bodies, not like you pigs."

Vegeta rolled his eyes and stood up, scowling at his father. "Otets." He glanced at Goku and Raditz and nodded at Tarble before leaving. "I'll be outside." He pushed his chair back and walked away.

"Vegeta!" His father yelled.

The flame-haired boy rolled his eyes and looked at him boredly. "What now?!"

"Sit back down."

Laughter erupted from the smaller male. "Oh otets. You couldn't stop me before. Why start now?" Vegeta grabbed the doors and slammed them behind him, leaving everyone in the dining room in the tense atmosphere.

Soon, Raditz coughed and left to find the flame-haired boy, Goku not far behind. The boy couldn't seem to figure out why Vegeta stormed off. He knew the smaller male was a prideful and short-tempered person, but those insults weren't directed at him. If anything, he was being praised. So why was he affected by them? Goku heard his brother yell and sprint across the hallway, snapping him back to reality.

Not far from where they were, Vegeta was carrying boxes outside and onto the porch. He glanced at the two people running at him before turning his attention back to the boxes in front of him. "Vegeta!" The smaller male felt his body weight shift and tilt, almost making him fall to the side. He froze, unsure of what to do in this situation.