Mini headcannons with Dad!chris & autistic daughter

————————————————————
This is a request from tumblr REQUESTS are ALWAYS welcome on here!
————————-
Summary: Multiple little headcannons of Chris and his Autistic daughter Y/n
——————————
Mentions of meltdowns and I can't think of anything else
——————-
Paring: Chris Evans x AutisticTeen Daughter! Reader
——————————

Meltdown
- Uncle Scott, Dad and yourself were in Boston with the family at your grandmas house, it was loud and the texture of your clothing was really getting on your nerves.

- Chris and Scott noticed how uncomfortable you started to get due to fact that loud situations were not something you liked a whole lot; it didn't help that texture was an issue too. So it was going downhill quickly as you started to stim and shake tears visibly lining your eyes, Chris moved quickly to get you out of view of family knowing that it helped being in a room with just him. So he lead you up to his old childhood bedroom.
- Getting a change of clothes he always kept at his Ma's for this reason that you were comfortable with, he sat you down and rocked you to help with the meltdown that you were having over this
- "Sweetheart, it's okay I'm here. You're safe." He reassured noticing that she was biting her thumb as a coping mechanism so I gave her a chewy necklace. Because this is one of the things her CBT therapist Amelia said it was okay to do but not with her thumb but with something else like a necklace as it made you cope and lessen the anxiety with the meltdown but also just in general situations.
- "Mmmmm" I replied not trusting my voice.

Time skip

- Scott came in later after y/n had calmed down now just laying in her cocoon of weighted blanket on top of me with some of her favourite comfort food, with being the best concerned uncle ever.
- He gave me that look "she's okay Scott she just got overwhelmed with the texture of her clothes and how loud everyone was." I said reassuring him, he gave me a look of understanding and I thanked him for making her comfort food. It was a little longer before y/n was comfortable going back downstairs.

However this was one of many times Chris was the best dad with Y/n

- Chris acts the same before her diagnosis and the same as after her diagnosis, he knows there is now an explanation for why and how they came to the conclusion of the Autism diagnosis. But it didn't change a thing.
- Scott was the same and the whole family they accepted the meltdowns, the behaviour and the changes that had to happen to accommodate y/n and no one batted an eyelid.
- Chris said it made you feel better about you're emotional well-being since you were enabled to pinpoint Why? How? Or what? You were feeling and you yourself even noticed working with your family, CBT therapist Amelia that it made you more comfortable in your skin and around the family. Not the 'weird feeling thing' that you'd describe as what now was a meltdown.

Accommodating to you're needs

- Chris always had safe food on hand in the house it was ALWAYS stocked up, it was like that at Scott's house, his Ma's house. The whole family had a little basket like this in their pantry.
- Sensory toys were a massive thing too, whether it was chewies, stress balls, peanut gym balls, custom texture pads. Everything under the sun. What you needed or he thought would help he got.
- Weighted blankets in every room, in the car, at Scott's and his Ma's. That and a change of clothing that were good for when you were having texture issues with things and this was in place to try and prevent meltdowns.
- Bubble tubes, a sensory room with a tepee, mats on the floor so you could just chill with your dad and dodger or without.
- A full body wrap swing (body sock) that was recommended by Amelia to help with grounding among other things like a sensory table, an iPad for when you were non-verbal, yoga balls, wiggle pads and bouncy bands for chairs or different seating when you couldn't focus too.
- And the best thing he could give you, was comfort. Just straight comfort. Also dodger was basically your emotional service dog too ❤️
————————————————————-
I apologise for how long this took to write I got really distracted with everything but what I was focused on which was this. But nevertheless I hope you enjoy.
Requests and any asks are welcome! ❤️

————————————————————