SECOND • Bound by Blood

PETE'S POV (2 years earlier)

When Khun Vegas' clothes were dried, I hung them up and went out of the bathroom. I'll just take a bath later.

I need to meet Mr. Chan first and accept the punishment for disobedience. I couldn't attend training because I cleaned the fish pond and he even saw me with Khun Vegas so it only got worse.

I know that the main family doesn't want their staffs to be close to anyone from the minor family. That is the first commandment you must obey in this mansion. I wonder what the punishment will be this time?

I hurried down and went to Mr. Chan on the field. He saw me and he stood up in front of me, "What did I tell you?" is the first thing he asked. I just bowed down my head.

"You run five hundred times in circles around the field. Now!" He shouted at me.

I was stunned for a moment, did I heard him right? Five fucking hundred?

"What are you waiting for?" He asked again so I started to jog.

I counted in my mind how many rounds I had done. I just focused my eyes on where I was running. The tiredness I feel now is increasing even more.

I've been here for five years and I'm already used to it. Feels like the punishments are the only thing that keeps me going. No pain, no gain.

My heart is pounding so heavily. I have completed a hundred rounds. Then I suddenly remembered what had happened earlier.

I'm so embarrassed and I don't know what to do. If Khun Vegas did not agree to change clothes then I'm finished! Khun Kan will get mad at me for tarnishing his son's clothes!

Right! I breathed a sigh of relief.

Then suddenly my ears felt hot. Why did Khun Vegas pressed his lips against mine? Was it a kiss?

Shoot! What the hell am I thinking?

Why would he kiss me? I'm just a nobody. It's not a kiss right? Hehe I know. I know.

Fuck it. I'm so tired of running! I swear!

Many hours had passed.

My body can't feel anything. I was lying down the field. It was raining. The sky was dark and I feel so comfortable. I could feel the drops of rain on my body.

It's getting late and Mr. Chan was no longer here. Maybe Khun Korn has already called him.

I'm hungry but I have no appetite. I just closed my eyes while feeling the cold that sends chills through my body.

If I only knew that it was so hard to live, I wish I hadn't been born at all.

My mom wouldn't have been hurt by giving birth to me.

My grandparents wouldn't have a hard time raising me.

My dad wouldn't have been..

Maybe I was the problem? I laughed by the thought of it. Tears fell from my eyes.

After some time, I already felt my body aches so I got up to go up to my room. I wonder what time is it?

As I was walking back to my room I heard a rustles nearby so I looked around but I saw nothing. I continued walking and I was surprised when someone pulled me and covered my mouth.

He leaned me against the big pole and hushed me. I felt severe pain in my body because of the punishment so I couldn't get rid of the person who pulled me. Who is this person really?