SEVENTH • Bound by Blood

PETE'S POV

With my mask that I always wear on my face, the brightest and contagious smile. I did everything to entertain the street vendors who sell in front of the Main Family's opponent's mansion.

I saw my companions move slowly. Vegas is in the car monitoring the flow at the entrance, while I'm the look out.

Here is a small market in the area, I pretended to buy some stuffs and ask non-obvious questions. I took out a cigarette from my pocket and lit it.

I noticed someone watching in the distance, it looks like the plan for the first entrance will rupture? I hold the earpiece that is in my left ear, "Has anyone gotten in yet? There is a guard at entrance A from the other team."

"The screen at entrance A has blacked out, someone has entered our system. Backfire!" Vegas answered from the other line.

"Huh? I already have my men inside!" I whispered angrily and turned to look around again to the place where the person was earlier, but he was no longer there.

"No, it's only at entrance A. Remember, we have two other entrances." he replied.

"But you said someone has already entered the system, the virus will continue spreading until it is fully entered!"

"We've entered. There's nothing strange inside, we're safe." one of my people answered. I breathed a sigh of relief because of what I heard.

"Proceed with the real plan." Vegas ordered.

I finished my cigarette and walked around a little, "Agh fuck!", when someone bumped into me. I blinked my eyes a few times and my heart beat faster. The person who bumped into me just smiled at me and then left straight away.

I held onto my side stomach which was in pain and I clenched my jaw in annoyance and disappointment to myself. I took out my Dragon Dagger folding knife and cut a piece of cloth from my pants to stop the bleeding, it wasn't deep.

I went into a drug store and bought an antibacterial solution and bandages. I dressed my own wound and left the store. I snapped my neck and fingers. "How's it going inside?" I asked in the line.

"We are holding the head of their organization, we have him in gunpoint!" one of my men said.

I went to the car where Vegas was. We nodded to each other and I waited for him to come out. We moved together but a bit apart, we entered entrance C where more people were on guard.

When someone noticed us, Vegas immediately fired one after another, I was hiding on the wall and preparing the smoke grenade for a moment of invisibility. I threw it at them and waited for the right opportunity to enter the place.

Vegas took my hand and we went upstairs. When we got to the second floor, he leaned me against the wall and kissed me. I pushed him lightly but he came closer to me and put his hand in my pants and squeezed my ass, "This is not the right time, Vegas. Get settled." I said softly.

"I just missed you." he answered and when he was about to kiss me again, I started walking and lead.

I touched my aching side stomach, I was sweating profusely.

"Have you passed through the Kitchen on your way to the Nook? There are a lot of people there!" shouted one of our companions from the earpiece.

I hold my earpiece, "Yes we are here on the Deck near the Master's bedroom."

"Turn left wing if you were looking from entrance B's sight vision. Then go up to the third floor, the elevator seems to be under maintenance. Don't try to get on it." said Arm on the other line.