SPECIAL CHAPTER • CONFRONTATION

PETE'S POV (3 months ago)

When I sneaked into Vegas' house, I saw that Vegas was not in the room so I went out to look for him.

It's a waste of effort to go up to the balcony if I'm also going out in the hallway. I shook my head and wandered around.

Nop saw me and pulled me, "What are you doing, Mr. Kan is here right now!" he whispered at me.

"What? Oh, I'm sorry okay. I'll go back to the room." I said and he left immediately.

I was about to go back but I heard something.

"Pa stop! Hia, are you okay?" It's Macau!

I walked around to find where the voices were coming from and it became clear when I reached the front door with a small gap. I peeked and saw Vegas kneeling in front of his father. My blood immediately rose to my head.

I already knew it before because Vegas was telling me about it and sometimes he still had wounds that I treated. That's why Vegas and I meets secretly. But I don't want to see it happening in front of me.

I couldn't bear to watch so I leaned against the wall and tried to calm myself down. I close my eyes every time I hear Khun Kan slapping Vegas. Even though Vegas didn't react, I knew he was crying inside himself.

I hid in a big pillar and waited for Vegas and Macau to pass, they were now going to his room. When they disappeared into the hallway, I peeked into the room again and saw Khun Kan with his back turned from me.

I slowly entered. Trying not to make some noise on locking the door while removing my belt, I also picked up the gun that was on his table. I got close behind him without him noticing, I held my breath and waited for him to lower his hands.

And when he did that, I immediately grabbed him and tied his hands with my belt. I threw him against the pillar and tied him there.

"How could you do that?" I walked towards him and stared at his eyes., "I am very mad." I pointed a gun at his forehead.

"Oh it's you? But it's not your business, you won't understand."

"Then make me understand! You know, I am willing to die even if it means killing you with my own hands." I said.

"Now I know why Vegas is head over heels on you. You got the vibe." said Khun Kan.

What should I feel about it, he wants me to be proud? I sat in front of him and waited for him to speak up.

"You know.. I'm not doing that because I don't love him, I'm doing that because.."

"Because what?" I'm so annoyed!

"Mr. Head bodyguard, I know you know why! Don't be so presumptuous, you are from the Main Family. You've been serving them for several years, it's impossible for you not to know that everyone I love and care for is being killed by them!" he shouted.

"That's why.. that's why I let you love and take care of Vegas because I know he needs it. Everything that I couldn't give, you filled it all. So I let you, even though at first I couldn't accept it." the person I never expected to cry in front of me, cried non-stop.

"Khun Kan, thank you but I won't apologize to you. No matter what trials may have come to your family, you wouldn't have let your children think that they don't have an ally and a father to guide them!" I stood up and took a cigarette from my pocket and lit it.

"I can't! I don't know.. I'd rather hurt my children than see them dead. And the only reason is none other than Brother Korn? You think that's okay? Never!" he shook his head as if he's losing himself.

"I'm not asking you to be kind to your children, all I'm asking is that you don't hurt them, especially Vegas, because.. it hurts me too when he gets hurt."

"I'm scared." his voice trembled.

"Khun Kan, do you know that you and my father are just the same? Even if I do everything he wants me to do, whether everything is right or wrong, he never appreciates me." I walked towards Khun Kan.

I stood proudly in front of him., "As a child who talks to a father like you, I just want to tell you that there is nothing as painful as the suffering you are experiencing from your parents. Remember, you are the only one they have."

I threw my cigarette filter in front of him and stomped on it while looking into his eyes., "But there are people who don't deserve to have children. Do you know the last time my father and I saw each other? I felt both regret and satisfaction. Regret because he became my father and satisfaction because it was his son.. who killed him."

"W-What?"

"Yes. You heard it right, Khun Kan. And I'm not afraid to kill one more."

"No, please hear me out! I need to make sure that all my efforts will not go to waste and that I will have no regrets in the end besides of being a bad father. But believe me, everything I do is for the future of my children."

"I trust you. And if you ever think that Vegas is getting on your nerves, just please avoid him. I'm begging you, it's for you too."

"I will. Thank you for being there for Vegas and Macau."

"My pleasure."

I untied Khun Kan from the pillar and before I leave, I heard him say thank you again.
_