THIRTEENTH • Bound by Blood

VEGAS' POV (Day of the Battle)

I haven't talked to Pete yet.

The last conversation we had is from that day, he left immediately in the morning without saying any words. I felt so betrayed.

It's been one week and now, it's time for the real battle.

Yes, we are the ones from the Italian's besides Minor clan but people from the Main don't know about it. Well, they will know later some time.

Everything was planned and we are now getting ready to enter the Main Family mansion.

The Italian clan entered first. Then Papa and I entered together but we were also separated immediately when the Main Family fired shots one after the other.

The carnage roared.

I could see nothing but smoke from mixed gunpowder from bullets and bombs. I think Nop was with Papa and I was with the other Italians walking down the hallway to find another target. I'd love to see Pete but it's looking a bit murky at the moment. I just hope he will be safe somewhere.

The Italian's were forcing me to follow them wherever they went but I wanted to find where Papa was so I separated myself from them and went to the other passage.

I wandered around the mansion for a few minutes as if I was unfamiliar with the place. I'm also dizzy from the smell around me.

I have also killed several bodyguards, until now I still hope to see Pete. I looked down and saw that the first floor looked like a swimming pool of blood.

I was in a dark and quiet hallway and it didn't look like it had a war mark when someone suddenly pulled me.

"Vegas.. we made a mistake in planning." It was Papa.

He was panting, gasping for breath.

I was wondering what he was saying, our team prepared for a week and the whole clan's plan went well earlier.

"What do you mean Pa, are you alright?" I asked.

I saw that he had been stabbed in his thigh and the blood was flowing continuously.

"Someone spoke from the Italian clan and said that we, father and son from the Minor Family, started the fight."

I took off my coat and tied it where he was stabbed, Papa was falling down slowly leaning against the wall. I supported him so that he could sit properly and I gently laid his legs on the floor.

"Whatever happens to me Vegas,

"Stop talking and save some energy, I'm right here."

I sat next to Pa and leaned against the wall like him then groped my feet as it felt numb. I scratched my temple using the tip of my gun.

"Careful!" Papa shouted at me., "You might fire the trigger."

I looked at my hand holding the gun so I lowered the gun for Papa's peace of mind.

Tears fell from my eyes without realizing it. I dug my own fingernail into my palm to hold back the tears. I kept on scratching until it bled.

Soon after I felt someone hold my hand very tightly., "Sorry for everything, son."

That sentence broke me and I couldn't stop myself from crying. That's the kind of sorry I don't think I'll ever hear in my entire life.

Twenty-two years..

Twenty-two years before Papa and I had a chance to talk as father and son. This time was very special to me.

I tightened my grip on Papa's hand., "I forgave you long ago, Papa. I have never held a grudge against you."