FIFTH • Bound by Blood

PETE'S POV (Present time)

Coming home from a mission, it's so tiring. I almost lost my job! If Khun Kinn didn't survived the attack then we are all dead. Luckily, Big was with him.

Big got shot in his arm so he was suspended for a week. If the attack wasn't that crucial, I would've just eating and watching series with Khun Noo not shooting some motherfuckers from wherever. I'm exhausted!

Knock~

I immediately stood up to open the door. It was Ken.

"Here." he handed me something I am craving since morning. I thanked him then he left.

I went to bathroom for a shower. While undressing, I saw my reflection on the mirror. I smiled bitterly, I touched my chest and gently caressed the healed scar of the past.

I successfully took all off my clothes and immersed myself at the bathtub, calming my breathe. I felt so relaxed.

Almost every day we have a mission that needs to be done. No one can rest, you can't get tired. Even Arm was with me on every mission, only Pol is left with Khun Noo. I once tried to swap positions with Pol but Khun Noo seemed to be pushing me away.

I'm about to get upset but sometimes, it feels okay because I can only be out of the mansion for a long time when I have a mission. I feel like I have a severe headache due to irritability.

I really miss Khun Noo and his series, it's been a month since I felt like he was driving me away. Since I became a head bodyguard, we've been together a lot but lately he seems to be avoiding me. I wonder why he is doing that to me, or did I do something wrong to him? Did he have any orders that I did not follow?

I spent a long time thinking about what should I do to be with Khun Noo again but it looks like I still have a long way to go to spend fighting the Italian Mafia that the main family now faces.

I knew the outbreak of battle had begun, I just knew.

I came out of the bathroom in my bathrobe and went straight to bed. I am too lazy to move, my arms and wrists hurts.

It's so boring, there's nothing fun to do here. I've been like this for two years, since I was moved to a larger room. I want to go outside and rest for a while. For I have three day-offs a month whereas one for other bodyguards. Perks of being a head bodyguard, I have all the equipment here in the room that no other bodyguard has.

Well, except for a cellphone. All bodyguards are not allowed to use cellphones, no exception.

It was ten o'clock at night and it was bedtime for the general staff in the mansion. I felt so hungry so I stood up and took the plastic that was handed to me earlier from the refrigerator. Never gets tired of spoiling me.

I transferred it to the plate and started eating. Argh! It's so delicious I could cry.

After I ate, I went to the small balcony to smoke. If I smoke inside, there will be water sprinkles all over the mansion and others will sue me because they are already asleep.

I saw a car from up here where I was. I puffed on a cigarette and leaned on the terrace. I smirked, until now you're still following me?

He turned on the headlight twice before leaving.

I stayed for a while to finish my cigarette before going inside and get dressed for bed, I was already sleepy.

_

I woke up an hour earlier than the others. I did my 'me' time first then prepared to go to the canteen to eat.

I'm getting tired of the foods here because it's calculated and it was always made by vegetables.

The others who woke up early who were also eating in the canteen were making a fuss while eating as if they were talking about something.

I ate peacefully.

When I finished, I approached and stood in front of their table. They didn't hesitate to lean a little closer to me and whisper the news., "We will have a new companion and Khun Kinn will be the one hiring him." says to me.

I immediately wondered why Khun Kinn and not Khun Korn? "Who is it?" I asked in a whisper.

"The one who helped Khun Kinn last night. A replacement of Big." he answered. I nodded before leaving to go to the main family gym.

My assistant, Arm greeted me. He was holding a timer in his hand and he was sweating profusely., "Pete! You're late." his opening.

"I ate at the canteen first and gossiped." I answered.

"So what's the news?" he asked.

I shrugged my shoulder and said there would be a new bodyguard. I just don't know when he will come.

I started to jog in circles through the gym. Arm followed me from behind., "Where are the others?" I asked him. He looked at me before looking at his wrist watch.

"It's early. There's still thirty minutes before the call time." he replied. I jogged in more faster pace leaving Arm behind.

I saw him shook his head and laughs., "Head bodyguard it is." heard him says.

I saw Mr. Chan coming so I stopped running.

"The Minor Family is coming. Put on your bodyguard suits, and line up in front." Arm and I looked at each other and returned together to the bodyguard's quarters.

And since I already had a shower earlier, I just got dressed.

I wasn't wearing a suit but a waistcoat vest. Suits you well, said by someone. I stare at my own reflection in the mirror. Smile, Pete. You can do this! I whispered to myself.

Later I came out of the quarter and saw Arm waiting for me, "Where is Pol?" I asked him. He just shrugged in response.

I shook my head because I don't feel good about what's happening, seriously Khun Noo, when will you call me? It's not so you!

Arm and I lined up in front of the pavilion. Three cars arrived at once. I straightened up and put a serious face.

Khun Kan got out of a car first, followed by Macau.

I took a deep breath as the door of the second car opened, Pete calm down, and it spat out the bodyguards of the Minor Family. I furrowed my brows and was wondering but I took a deep breath and calmed myself down.

The person I did not expect to see came out the third car. It was Khun Vegas. I swallowed my saliva down my throat.

They entered the mansion and I closed my eyes when he passed in front of me, that perfume..

"Let's go Pete, time for a mission." Arm guided me by holding my lower back, I didn't notice it right away because my eyes were closed.

I slightly pulled his hand away from my back. I was terrified and cold.

Looks like someone will be damned again.
-