SIXTEENTH • Bound by Blood

PETE'S POV

I got out of the hospital without anyone noticing me.

My blood transfusion for Vegas was also a success and his condition is better than before.

I got back to our car, where it was parked not far from the hospital. Nop gave me a meal of spicy curry and two cups of rice.

"Have you eaten yet?" I asked Nop.

He just nodded and got into the car. I leaned on the hood of the car and started eating. We decided to keep an eye out until we got Vegas back.

I would have been happy to eat if Vegas was with me. It's like I'm eating soil with every bite. But since I haven't eaten since yesterday, I decided to eat it for renewed physical strength.

The car door opened and Ken got out of it. I finished my food and put the trash in the paper bag back. Ken gave me a cigarette and we both lit one each.

"How did you manage to stay there for two hours without anyone noticing you?" asked Ken.

"I did hide my relationship with Vegas for three years, are you still surprised?" I puffed on my cigarette and blew out smoke.,

"I don't remember if Vegas taught me to do that or it's just because I wanted to do it." I said laughing.

I suddenly remembered Khun Kan. I didn't even get a chance to talk to him for the last time.

But, my dad is his best friend? That explains why he reacted differently when he found out that I killed my own father.

What about Vegas? How are their father and son relationship? Did they both make up before he said goodbye? Or did he even got a chance to say 'I love you Vegas, my son'.

Because my father could never.

Nop came out of the car and gave me an earpiece, "Pete did you forget to bring the device with you or did you leave it on purpose?" Nop asked in surprise.

I took what he was handing and put it in my ear, "Yes in Vegas' bed, why?" Nop just nodded at me and pointed to my ear.

"He has regained consciousness, where do you intend to take Khun Vegas now?"

"The brothers haven't given any orders yet but they said they will be back later at one o'clock to move him."

BANG! BANG!

My eyes widened in shocked as I looked at the building. I can clearly see it from here, the window glass broke in the room where Vegas was confined.

I immediately got up to get things inside the car.

"Pete! Calm down, what's going on?!"

I answered as I trembled in fear., "V-Vegas, there's a gunshot in his room."

Nop knocked on the other car that we brought and our bodyguards came out from there,

"Get ready, we're going inside the building." Nop ordered and they started to move.

I took a Mossberg MC1sc and put it on my back just in case of emergency and a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 to take into battle. Ken will take care of the bombs, and Nop will support me.

"What's happening?"

"Shit what did you do to Khun Vegas!"

I remained steadfast and believed that I would reach the place where Vegas was. I was shaking with fear but I had to be strong. If something bad happens to Vegas, don't blame me for what I can do.