Chapter 24

Enjoyyyyy <3

Check out all my other stories!! And remember to vote and comment!! :) Thank you!

_____________________________

-Vinnys P.O.V-

I'm still holding Sophie's hand. I try to stay cool and not sound stupid when I talk to her. It seems to be working. She either comments or laughs, which makes me melt.

We're getting close to where I'm headed so I stop.

Sophie jerks to a stop to. She looks back at me. I'm looking at our hands still connected.

"Vinny what's wrong?" she walks back closer to me. She never let's go of my hand.

I take a deep breath.

"Close your eyes. It's a surprise."

"oh umm.. Ok."

She closes her eyes. She's so beautiful. I just want to kiss her.....

"Vin?" she opens one eye part way.

"sorry... Come on I'll watch where your going for you. I'll be your eyes."

If only I could actually see with her eyes and know what she's thinking.

-Sophie's P.O.V-

Vinnys leading me wherever we're going. Then he tells me to close my eyes. I do not do good with walking and keeping my eyes closed... But I trust him. I know he wouldn't let anything bad happen.

I love the way he holds my hand. I don't know why but it just feels right. He's slowly pulling me along then I trip myself a little but I grab onto mine and Vinnys hands with my free hand and save myself from falling.

"Sophie! Are you ok?!"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just clumsy me"

"Well we're really close. So just hang in there."

I hear a smile in his voice. So I smile. We keep walking but I keep my free hand on mine and Vinnys intertwined hands.

-Vinnys P.O.V-

I keep looking back at Sophie who's tailing behind me a little. She looks so cute with her eyes closed and holding my hand with both of hers.

We finally get to the spot on the beach. I don't want to lead her into the sand yet. It will give away where we are.

"Sophie, keep your eyes closed but get on my back."

"Um...Why?"

"There's.... Uhh... Bugs.. Alot. I dont want them to get on your legs since you have open shoes."

I hold my breath hoping that excuse works.

"Well.. Ok.. "

I hesitantly undo our hands and put her hand on my shoulder.

She jumps on my back and wraps her arms around my neck. She starts giggling. Then rests her head on my shoulder against my neck. I melt so bad my legs almost give out but then I shake myself out of it.

I walk over to the blanket that is spread out in the sand.

"Ok I'm gonna put you down now. Keep your eyes shut."

I set her down and she stands there with her arms out in front of her trying to feel what's around. I grab her hands and rest them in mine.

"Vin... When can I open my eyes??"

I don't say anything. I'm just studying her face. She's so perfect.

"Vin??"

She slowly opens her eyes. She stands there waiting for her eyes to adjust. I slide my hands out from hers and they fall down to her sides slowly. Then I turn and stand next to her. We both are looking at the water and the sunset. Then I turn and look at Sophie.

"Vinny it's so.... Beautiful."

Im still looking at her and I reach for her hand But only gently touch her fingers.

"I was thinking the same thing..." I smile. And she turns her head toward me..

She blushes.

She knows I wasnt talking about the same thing she was. She tries to turn her head the other way to hide her blushing while she intertwines our fingers and squeezes my hand. I see the corner of her smile.

As she looks down. She notices we're standing on a blanket. There's also ten candles around the blanket and a basket. She looks up at me.

I smile "Come on." I start running pulling her along with me. I go to the little dock. We sit down and hang our feet on the edge. The water is low so it doesn't come up to our feet.

We talk for awhile and learn a lot about each other. I get up and reach my hand down to help Sophie up. She takes it but then keeps holding it.

I turn my head and look at her, she smiles.

Then all of a sudden.

"Race ya!"she let's go and takes off toward the blanket.

"Oh heck no!"

I chase after her and we both are laughing. I reach her and grab her arm. She stumbles and falls but I pull her toward me and turn so we both fall but I land in the sand and she lands part way on me. We end up both laughing and rolling around in the sand.

"Good thing I wore shorts instead of my new dress" she says. Which makes us laugh even more.

We finally get up and make it back to the blanket. I light six candles and then look at the other ones.

"See these candles?"

"yeah?"

"These are my favorite ones...."

Sophie just looks at me. But I can see she's thinking.

"Vin, you don't have to light them. Save them."

"but for what..?"

"Something special. Make a wish on them and when they come true light them. Like to celebrate your wish."

I stare at her in amazement. That was a great idea. My first wish was for her to be my girl. I close my eyes.

"What are you-..."

"shhh."

I wish you were my girlfriend...

I open my eyes and Sophie is just staring at me looking confused.

I shut my eyes hard this time and say "Sophie will you be my girl...?!"

I keep my eyes closed waiting for the No. She doesn't answer. I open one eye. She's looking at me smiling.

"I thought you'd never ask" then she leans in and kisses me softly. She started to pull away but i pull her back in. I kiss her again then we both pull away. We look at each other for a second then I look around. I take the lighter and light two candles.

"I thought you weren't going to light those?"

"Two of my wishes came true." She just looks at me "my first was for you to be my girlfriend and my second was to do what I've wanted to do since the day I met you.... Kiss you"

Her eyes start to get watery. I don't know if that's good or bad. I start to panic. Then she blinks a couple times and smiles.

"You really are something Vincent Castronovo."

I smile back at her and kiss her gently. Then I take out the cake and Nutella out of the basket and put the last two candles away. We ate kissed and talked until I realized it was getting late.And cold. So I gave Sophie my hoodie. Then I walked Her back home and went home carrying the basket and the already lit and unlit candles.

I wonder what my other two wishes should be....