27

It was the evening of the Yule Ball. Pansy and I were in our dorm getting ourselves ready.

I was now doing her hair while she did her make-up. After we were done with that, Pansy did my hair and I did my make-up.

I was putting on my shoes and Pansy did some last things she needed before we left our dorm, to the Ball.

We walked through the common room, where only a few first- and second years were sitting who didn't attend the ball. They were staring at us, Pansy rolled her eyes.

When we arrived at the door from the Hall we looked at each other.

"Oh my, this is really happening." She said.

I laughed and took her hand. "We'll be alright."

We walked down the stairs. Blaise nudged Draco's arm and they both looked at us walking towards them. Blaise was the first to walk forward. He took Pansy's hand and walked into the crowd.

Draco, on the other hand, just stood there. He stared at me.

He took my arm and we walked into the crowd.

"I'm speechless, you just... you look beautiful." He finally said.

I smiled. "You look pretty handsome."

"Hey, you're wearing the necklace I gave you last year." He said.

"Yeah, I never took it off." I replied.

Then the four champions had the first dance.

Soon others were joining.

"dance?" Draco asked and held out his hand.

I smiled and grabbed his hand as he pulled me to the middle of the hall. We danced just like all the others.

Later I was standing at one of the tables, waiting for Draco who was getting us drinks.

"Leaving Cedric huh? Y/n Snape in a love triangle." I heard none other then Rita say.

I turned around.

"Hello dear. Dumbledore said I could take some pictures for the newspaper. Got some amazing ones of you and your lover... What's his name again? Oh yeah, Draco Malfoy!" She said.

I grunted. "There's nothing between Cedric and I."

"Still denies the romantic feelings for Cedric Diggory." She said and wrote down when she walked away.

Later that evening, Draco and I were dancing again. Pansy and Blaise not far away from us.

It wasn't as crowded as before, but there were still a lot of people.

"You look really awesome y/n." Draco said.

"I got that the other 7 times you told me this evening." I joked, but thanked him after and returned the compliment.

"No, but like. You look really awesome." He said.

I looked at him confused. Before I could even say anything else I felt his lips on mine. I kissed him back. This was the first time he actually kissed me in public.

I heard Pansy cheer, which caused us to break the kiss because we bursted out laughing.

Then I saw a lot of people staring. Merlin, it felt like the whole school was watching. Which was true. Only a few students who attended the ball weren't looking. But they'd probably hear the rumors later so that didn't really make a difference.

It took a few minutes for everyone to mind their own business again.

The rest of the evening we spend with the four of us at a table. Theo also joined us later. None of us had any idea who he had gone with, but he didn't want to tell us so we didn't really ask.

At the end of the evening we all went back to our dorms to sleep.

"This was awesome!" Pansy said. "Now everyone will think you and Draco are a couple."

I laughed.

"Oh my, are you guys already a couple?" She asked.

"What? No. Not as far as I'm aware of." I replied.

We talked for a short time until Pansy fell asleep. I decided to also go and sleep.

[a/n] love it.