74

Then it was time for the wedding. I spend the whole night with Hermione, Ron and Luna. Harry was just talking to everyone.

Luna was here with her father. We talked with him for a while, too.

We were currently dancing. Luna and her dad danced together. I danced with Hermione. Ron just kinda stood there.

Harry was talking to someone I didn't recognize. But I didn't really care. This night I just wanted to have fun before we had to start our search for the horcruxes.

Hermione and I saw a big bright light falling down. We thought it was a star, but then...

"The Ministry has fallen. The Minister of Magic is dead. They are coming..." It said. People started screaming and running around.

Hermione and I exchanged a look. Suddenly, death eaters were everywhere.

"Ron! Ron!" Hermione screamed. Ron had disappeared in the crowd.

We made our way through the people, Hermione in front of me while I checked what was behind us.

A few death eaters threw some spells at us. I blocked and returned them.

Finally we found Ron.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lupin standing with Harry.

"Harry!" I screamed.

"Harry! Go! Go!" Lupin yelled and pushed Harry in my direction.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards us. Hermione closed her eyes and a great whooshing sound filled my ears.

When I opened my eyes a double-decker bus drove within inches of us. I pulled the three of them back.

"Where are we?" Ron asked

"Shaftesbury Avenue. I used to come here to the theater with my mum and dad. Just popped into my head. I don't know why..." Hermione said. She gave me an uneasy look. I grabbed her hand.

The street was full of drunk people. Hermione and I quickly walked further.

"This way!" Hermione said.

"We need to change." I said. Hermione nodded and opened her bag.

Ron and Harry looked at each other's dress robes. From the purse, Hermione gets an outfit for the boys. From my bag, I get one for me and Hermione.

"How the-"

"Undetectable Extension Charm." Hermione said.

"You're amazing, you are." Ron said. I smirked.

"Always the tone of surprise." Hermione joked. As she gave the bag a shake, there is loud echoing of heavy objects. Like something fell. "That'll be the books."

We walked into an empty cafe.

"Do you reckon everyone's alright at the wedding? Maybe we should go back." Harry said.

"They were after you, mate. We'd just put everyone in danger going back." Ron said.

"Ron's right. Cappuccino, please." Hermione said to the waitress.

"What she said." Ron said.

"Same." I said.

Harry just nodded.

"Wicked scar." The waitress said as she walked away.

"So where do we go from here? The Leaky Cauldron?" Ron asked.

"Too dangerous. If Voldemort's taken over the Ministry, none of the old places are safe." I said.

The door squeals. Two men enter.

"My rucksack. With all my things. I left it back at the Burrow." Harry said in a little stressed tone.

"I've had the essentials packed for days. Just in case." Hermione explained.

"By the way, these jeans? Not my favorite. Bit tight." Ron said.

Hermione gave him a withering glance. Harry couldn't help but smile. My eyes shift to the reflection of the two men behind us.

"Get down!" I yelled.

The tile exploded on the wall where Ron's head had been only a few seconds ago.

"Stupefy!" Harry yelled. It hit the biggest death eater straight in the face and he crumples instantly.

"Expulsio!" The other death eater yelled.

"Flipendo!" I yelled. The glass shattered apart and flew right at the death eater. A few piece of glass flew our way, causing a big cut on my cheek.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Hermione said.

The death eater goes still.

"This one's name is Rowle. He was on the Astronomy Tower the night Dumbledore got killed." Harry said.

"This is Dolohov. I recognize him from the wanted posters." Ron said. "So what do we do with you, huh? Kill us if it was turned round, wouldn't you? Suppose it's him that did Mad-Eye. How would you feel then?"

"It's better we wipe their memories. We kill them, they'll know we were here." Harry said.

"You're the boss." Ron said and he turned. "Hermione?" He wiped a little blood from her face. "You're the best with spells."

Hermione gave me an uneasy look. I nodded.

"I'll do it." I say, but it was more of a whisper.

"Obliviate." I said.

We walked out of the shop.

"How is it they knew we were there?" Harry asked.

"Maybe you still have the Trace on you." Hermione said.

"Can't be. The Trace breaks at seventeen. It's Wizarding law." Ron replied.

Hermione stopped walking. We turn to look at her.

"What?" Ron asked.

"We didn't celebrate your birthday, Harry. Ginny and I, we prepared a cake. We were going to bring it out at the end of the wedding." Hermione said in a sad voice.

"Hermione. I appreciate the thought, honestly. But given that we were almost killed by a couple of Death Eaters a few minutes ago..." Harry said.

"Right. Perspective." Hermione said.

"We've got to get off the streets, get somewhere safe." Ron said.

"I have an idea." Harry said.

[a/n] this is a bit long, i hope you don't mind :)