72

I spend the summer with Hermione, since I was closest to her. I just couldn't be at Hogwarts all summer.

I didn't tell my friends, nor my father that I wouldn't return next year.

Draco and I had sent each other a few letters. We hadn't talked about the incident. I told him I was going with the trio, and I wasn't coming back. He understood.

"Hey, you forgot your locket." Hermione said and pulled it out of her pocket.

We would go to the Weasley's. They had a wedding in a few days and we were invited. I was coming with them, because later we would leave. But first, Harry had to be moved.

"Oh, thanks." I said. It was the locket Draco once gave me. I had totally forgot about it.

'Open it when you think you need it.' He said. I would open it later this week. At this moment I had no time.

"For those of you who haven't taken Polyjuice Potion before, fair warning. It tastes like goblin piss." Moody told us.

"Have a lot of experience with that, do you, Mad-Eye?" Fred joked.

Moody gave fred a look.

"Just trying to defuse the tension." Fred said.

Everyone took a sip of the potion. Then we the kitchen was full of Harry Potters.

"Wow, we're identical." The Weasley twins said.

"Not yet you aren't." Moody said. He pulled the identical outfits out of a bag and handed it to everyone.

"Don't have something a bit more sporty, do you?" George asked.

"Yes, don't fancy this color at all." Fred said.

"Fancy this: You're not you, so shut it and strip. You'll need to change too, Potter." Moody replied.

We all changed our clothes.

"Harry, your eyesight really is awful." Hermione said.

"Blimey. I almost forgot." Moody said and gave us all glasses. "Right then. We'll be pairing off. Each Potter will have a protector. As for you, Harry..."

"Yes?" We all said.

"The real Harry! Where the devil are you, anyway?" Moody said, slightly annoyed.

"Here." Harry said.

"You'll ride with Hagrid." Moody said.

"Brought you here sixteen years ago when you were barely bigger than a Bowtruckle. Seems only right I should be the one to take you away." Hagrid said.

"Yeah, it's all very touching. Let's go."

We made our way outside and stood with our protectors.

I stood with Lupin and George. We had to go with the three of us, because otherwise there wouldn't be enough protectors. Lupin sat in front of me, George behind me.

"Good luck, everyone. On the count
of three. One... two..." Moody said but was cut off by Hagrid kicking the motorbike to life and flying away.

During the ride, a death eater threw a spell to George and it hit him on the side of his face. Blood was everywhere.

We were one of the first to arrive at the burrow. We had just turned back to ourselves.

Lupin and I carried George.

"Oh my God! George!" Ginny said.

"The house! Quickly!" Lupin said.

We dropped George onto the sofa, where his head rolls into the lamplight, the blood was now very visible. His mother screams.

"My boy! My darling boy! What've they done to you?!" She asked.

Lupin grabbed a fistful of Harry's shirt and pushed him against the wall.

"What creature sat in the corner the first time that Harry Potter visited my office at Hogwarts?" He asked.

"Are you mad...?" Harry asked.

"What creature?!" Lupin yelled.

"A grindylow!" Harry said.

"We've been betrayed. Voldemort knew you were being moved tonight. I had to make sure you weren't an imposter." Lupin explained.

"Who did this to him?" Harry asked, pointing at George.

"Severus Snape." Lupin answered. I felt a bit guilty, although I knew it wasn't my fault. "He'll be fine, Molly. But that's Dark Magic. The damage is done."

She nodded while cleaning some of the blood.

"Mad-eye's dead." Bill said when everyone was back. The room goes still. "Mundungus took one look at Voldemort and Disapparated."

"Mad-Eye reckoned You-Know-Who
would expect the real Harry to be with the most skilled Auror. He knew he'd be in the most danger." Lupin said.

"It doesn't explain how they knew we were moving Harry tonight." Mr Weasley said.

Suddenly all eyes were on me.

"Wha- You think I'm guilty?" I asked.

"You're the only one with direct connections." Mr Weasley said.

"I've only had contact with Draco. But I've told them nothing about this all." I said. Their eyes where still all on me. "My father's not crazy. Of course he knew when we were going to move Harry. But I swear on my life that it wasn't me."

"It's true. She had only send letters to Draco. She started sending them as soon as she arrived. We didn't know about moving Harry back then." Hermione said.

Everyone stopped looking at me. We didn't talk about it again.

[a/n] not them blaming us 🥲