Part 27*

Mason is laying against his head board and I am curled up into him. My head against his chest listening to his heartbeat, while my hand trace up and down his abs and arm.

"Tell me about this weave?" He breaks our slience

I laugh, where do I begin. I have come to realise that mason does not know a lot about black or african culture, which is not a problem to me. I would love to teach him about it. "It is sewn on to my hair" I said, looking at him.

"Why? Does it hurt? Are you bald?" He asked seriously, his face filled with worry and questions.

I burst out in laughter. Is he seriously asking me if I am bald. "Mason.. it is sewn unto my cornrow, which is my real hair."

"So it is fake hair?"

"No it is real hair. It is expensive real hair." I rolled my eyes.

"I don't get it." He said, now staring at my head like I have something magical on it.

"Put YouTube on your phone and hand it to me please." I said pointing at his I phone 8. "I'll show you what I mean." I search 'installing a weave' and click on the first video. "Okay watch this." I hand him the video and sit up to watch it with him.

He pays close attention to the video. Taking in everything the pretty girl on the video is saying.

"So you have it on now?"

"Yes. My natural hair is this long" I use my hand to stop just a little pass my shoulders.

"Does it hurt?"

"No not at all."

"Can I run my fingers through them?"

"No, not really. Like a little."

"Why not?" He frowned.

"It might get stuck or something." I laughed and shock is in his eyes. "When I have my natural hair out your can run your hands through it as much you want." I assure him.

"When is that?"

"Almost never." I said laughing a little. I grab my phone from the other night stand and ingonre the two million messages from kim and Jenny. I show him a picture I have with my natural hair out. I have been part of the natural girl trend since I can remember. My hair is big and filled with curls, but I still love to rock a weave.

"Babe, you look so cute!" He said, in a talking to a child sort of voice. "Excatly why I don't wear it that way." I pull the phone away from His view and turn it off, placing it back on the stand. "Mira, I love all your curls. Please wear it like that for me?" He gives me puppy eyes.

"What? You don't like my weave?" I make a sad face.

"No..." is he seriously? "Excuse me?" I interrupted him quickly. "No.. I mean yes. I like your hair. It is beautiful! I just love the curls."

"Nice save." I slap his chest. "Do you think it is weird?"

"Mira. I don't mind it. Nothing weird about it." He said, reaching to pin some of my hair back.

I get off the bed and walk over to his speaker connecting my phone and putting on 'my heart' playlist and Emilie Sande breaking the law come on. "I love this song!" I said, increasing the volume, so that it is loud enough that we can hear, but just enough that it is background noise.

I walk over to him saying. "I'll wear it out sometime, but not all the time during the winter. Seriously the cold is not kind to my hair." I snuggle back into him and he places a kiss on my hair. I still know that he has questions, I can tell from his eyes. He is just being cautious.