XVII: The Nightmare Cycle Repeats

"This bargain is worth more than you can imagine, not only you are getting the amount of money you desire, but you will also get the revenge you longed for. All that without getting yourself in the dirty work," Akutagawa hoped he was convincing enough.

Hina giggled, and both of the mafia members knew they were in for success.

"Okay then, sure, you and your organization are allowed to send someone after Yn, however; that only applies under one condition," Hina commanded. Higuchi's eyebrows furrowed, afraid of what the boss of the jackals might ask in return.

Akutagawa, on the other hand, had a guess on what she desires.

"Get men after Yn, capture her, and use her as you please. My condition is that my revenge on Dazai is all mine if Yn manages to win against your men," she crossed her legs, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. It was such a pleasure for her to see Higuchi's expression of hesitation.

However, Akutagawa's face was stone cold for her to even read it. You little shit, Port Mafia. She sure found them sending the most irritating agents for her to manipulate; the man that cannot be lured to her beauty, and the woman who seems like the deadly jealous girlfriend.

"Consider it done, we will meet again next week for the bargain to be completed," by that, both Akutagawa and Higuchi exited the abandoned building.  

。。。

You stood at the apartment complex entrance, impatient to call Hina.
You walked to the alley that was near the apartment complex, and dialed her number. Plan b was the only matter roaming your head that you had to tell Hina as soon as possible.

Putting the phone to your ear, you covered the other ear to focus on the sound of the phone rather than the storm. first ring... second ring... third ring...
You stopped the call and lowered your hands. You realized this call could wait.

You looked at the empty street in front of you, deciding if it was better for you to go to the jackals place.

Without any warnings, someone placed a wet cloth on your mouth, you tried to reach for the person behind you, but the world blurred a few seconds later...

。。。

You opened your eyes. It was pure darkness. You wondered if your eyes were even open at all. "Where am I?" you wondered out-loud, your own voice echoing.

I must be dreaming, you thought.

You looked down at yourself. You were sitting, hands tied behind your back. You tried to break free, but it was no use. You heard footsteps coming your way, so you yelled, ignoring that your voice echoed "What do you want from me?!"

You were sure the footsteps sounded like they were coming from in front of you, but you knew the person was behind you when he called. "Yn?"

It was Dazai.

You turned your head to look behind you. "Please, help me," you said, your voice breaking; suddenly there was the feeling of pure loneliness that seeing a familiar face made you emotional. His face was neutral as he looked down at you.
When silence was all he gave you, you proceeded to explain your situation, "Somebody drugged me on my way home. I don't know where they are, but-"

"Who said I was here to help you?" he stated.

You felt a sudden dizziness as you stared at his empty eyes. "What do you mean?" you managed to get the words out.

"You lied to me, Yn," he said. "You kept lying to me over and over,"
Your tongue felt as if it was tied and your throat felt so sore you couldn't let any voice out.

There was disappointment in his gaze when he looked down at you. "I have given you many chances to redeem. I was there to help, but all you did to me was lie, lie about everything," his eyebrows furrowed, and his nose wrinkled; he was angry, yes. but what struck a blade to your heart was that his face showed disgust as well.

"Please, Osamu. Free my hands," you said, your voice barely coming out. His eyebrows relaxed as he looked down at your arms. "They already are," he noted.
You pulled your hands from your back, and they were indeed free. There was only one problem.

They were covered in scarlet-red blood.

"You're a murderer, Yn Ln, and that's what you'll ever be," he spat.

"No, Osamu. I never-" "Stop calling my name, I never wanna hear it coming out of your filthy mouth ever again,"
That striked into your soul harder than anything that was ever said to you. You realized then how much trust he had in you, and you took it for granted.

You tried to wipe the blood on your thighs, trying to explain yourself. It was no use. The blood then started to spill out of your hands. You sat in a pool of blood, denying this was because of you. Only then, you heard a familiar sound.

"Run! don't look back, Yn" Hotaru's voice echoed.
"Brother! Please! Don't leave me," you called after his voice, the pulsing of your heart in your ear hurted badly. His callings paused, and it was silent again. It was then, that you saw the light.

Your brother stood by that light. He was not too far; You were able to see his troubled expression.

With your hands spilling dark-red blood, you stood up. Your legs felt numb, but you fought to walk toward him. Each step was more difficult than the next. Only when you looked down at your feet, you saw the void roots holding on to you tightly.

It became so difficult to make another step, but Hotaru was only an arm-reach away from you.

At this point, tear's blurred your vision, throat too sore to speak, and reaching for Hotaru seemed impossible. You lip-synced 'help me', but he just stood there, pain splattered onto his expression. It was when your senses were back.

"wait ... you're long dead, brother,"

As soon as you said those words, it felt like falling, Hotaru being out of reach again. The deeper you fell, the more suffocating it became.
You couldn't endure this madness anymore. You were at a point when it felt like you were underwater... breathing was an impossible act ... you can no longer breath, you can't feel your limbs,

If this is the punishment of your sins, you deserved it.

。。。

The loud gasp you took made the two men guarding you flinch. You kept exhaling and inhaling loudly, glad to be able to do it again. "Call him, she's awake," one of them said to the other.

You looked around you. It was a small room, with only one door out. there were no windows or furniture other than a table in front of you.

The hairs blurring your vision bothered you. You wanted to reach for them only to realize your hands were tied. Your feet were tied as well to the legs of the chair that you sat on. It is only then when you remember what happened before.

You were really drugged, and now it seemed that you were kidnapped.

"Let me go," you said through your gritted teeth as you tried to break free. It only led the man to laugh. "You're in for some fun little girl," he laughed.
The other man came in, followed by a very familiar face that you couldn't mistake.

He didn't show any signs of familiarity as he walked up to you and leaned his lower back at the table in front of you. Instead of his casual clothes, he was wearing a long black coat with a gray vest and black jeans. He lifted his hat to meet your gaze.

"Nakahara... san ," you trailed off, eyes wide.