XIX: The Chances of Seeing you Again

His mind was a dark place filled with lots of people; however, they all looked wicked.

You caught a glimpse of what looked like him, but younger with shorter hair; he was mercilessly torturing a man who looked in his 30s. Only then did you notice a crying child hiding behind Nakahara.

He sure lost all the innocence of a young child to this mostraticy. Maybe he wasn't so different from you after all, but that was not why you were here.

You saw another clone of him, talking to a boy. You approached closer, only to find out it was someone you knew.

It was dazai.

He was shorter, and had a softer expression. His eye was covered in bandages.

They were talking about some place they needed to go for a mission. You heard the conversation hoping to get some information that would assist you, but there was nothing too important.

You were about to leave when they all looked your way. You felt a punch in your gut. Not again, you thought.

"Here he comes," Dazai said, they were both smiling at this point. A person walked through you, leading him to stand with them.

You couldn't mistake the back of his head.

"How's all that running-away-from-the-Jackals going, Hotaru?" Nakahara asked.

Your breaths became shallower. You stood there silent. both Dazai and Nakahara knew your brother.

Has Hotaru been their friend ever since?

The place darkened, and people disappeared, along with Nakahara's clones: you were panicking, and it fastened the blood to bump back into his brain, waking him.

You ran around looking for your clone, but it was too late as all the clones were disappearing faster.

You were back in the interrogation room, and Nakahara was slowly waking up too.

The men were stunned to do anything, because to them, both you and Nakahara were unconscious for five seconds.

Realizing where his head rested on you as he stood up again, Nakahara's cheeks were dusted with little pink. When his eyes met yours, the men wanted to approach, but he raised his hand: signaling them to stand back and not do anything.

he was furious.

He felt a slight pain, and realized the needle was still poking his throat. He pulled it out, and grabbed his knife from the table. At this point, not only you woke up panicked from what you witnessed in Nakahara's mind palace, but the quick rush of blood in your body made your vision darken.

He raised the knife, ready to dig it in your thigh.

"Hotaru's dead!!" you yelled, closing your eyes.

Nakahara paused midway, and you opened your eyes when you realized he didn't stab you.

The look of shock on his face no longer showed the Gravity monster known between other organizations, but it was the sudden grief for a close friend.