Ⅲ: Proper introductions

"This is it,"

You stopped at the apartment complex that you lived in. Dazai examined the old complex and sighed. "It's cheap here, plus it's not that bad from the inside," you explained, despising being pitied by your enemy.

Dazai couldn't help but feel sorry for you. To live alone in a place like this, he couldn't imagine how unbearable it was from the inside. With a slight frown, he didn't know what to say to cheer you up. He just found it easier to express his empathy through squeezing your hand into his. That frown disappeared and was replaced with a heartwarming smile.

"If you need anything, don't hesitate to tell me. After all, we only have 3 months to enjoy to our fullest,"

。。。

"This is the 10th time that you checked your phone, Dazai!" Kunikida lectured him, making Dazai flinch. "You're counting the times I checked my phone. Are you even doing your job, Kunikida-kun?" Dazai let out a chuckle, doubting the poor guy.

"Who are you even texting?!" Kunikida had enough of Dazai that morning. Not finishing the work in time was one of Kunikida's biggest pet peeves, but to Dazai, Kunikida's nagging was the least of his worries. It was finally the end of the week, and Dazai was afraid that you wouldn't show up.

He closed his phone and placed it on the side of his desk. "Will you start working now?" Kunikida asked as he flipped through his notebook. Dazai stood up from the desk and looked outside the window.

"I've had enough Dazai!!" Kunikida kept yelling, and Dazai ignored him.

Atsushi laid his back on the chair, sighing. "Dazai-san, maybe it is about time that you tell him what is happening?" Atsushi suggested, not baring all this bickering to go on.

Dazai finally saw you there, approaching the agency building. It wasn't so difficult to spot you as you were wearing a simple white short dress.

"Sure, Atsushi-kun, I'll explain everything right away. I just need to do something," he replied and walked out of the room.

Not only Kunikida, but everyone noticed how happy he was. "Something bad is going to happen," Kenji commented, and everyone considered it in silence.

This is the place, you thought. You looked up at the tall building debating whether to call him or just enter. However, someone held your hand pulling you out of this little debate.

"You actually made it, yn-san!" the familiar voice called. You looked to your left to see him standing there with a joyful expression. You returned a smile. "I didn't see you there," you reasoned. "Oh, I was just inside, come!" he pointed and started walking.

To your surprise, it was just a regular café like the one you worked in. "a...café?" you wondered out loud. "My workplace is on one of the floors above, from here," he said, guiding you to the elevator. He called the elevator, impatient and excited to see the faces of his friends.

The elevator doors opened, and a few strangers stood in it. You didn't recognize any of them from the information given to you. They all left but one, and that man sure looked pissed.

"Osamu-san, is he a friend of yours?" you asked, oblivious to why Dazai was also shocked. "Osamu!?" that man yelled, making you flinch. Too loud, what the hell? you scoffed in your mind.

"First name basis? Who is she?" he asked. "No need to be rude about it, Kunikida-kun," Dazai sang as he pulled you into the elevator with him. The doors closed and Dazai looked at Kunikida with a cheerful smile, "let's say she's someone important to me, isn't that enough to bring her to the agency and introduce her to the others?"