XVIII: A Familiar Face

"What are you doing here?" you were sure lost.

"Yn-san, I am no longer the guy that visits your shop every week. I want answers or I will have to use violence," he warned, pulling a knife from under his coat. His loving eyes as he played with the puppies were no longer there.

You knew then that he was somewhat like you; normal by day, villan by night. Your eyes darkened, staring back at his deadly gaze.

"Try anything, and you won't be out of here alive," he continued, sensing the different aura that came out of you.

"I won't," you said as you laid you back against the chair, studying every little opportunity in the room.

。。。

In the tub, the warm water felt so relaxing to Dazai, yet his mind couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier that day. He knew what he said to you was harsh, and he didn't give you a chance to explain since he walked away.

He sank deeper in the tub, his feet emerging on the other end. "That's it," he said, having enough of his repetitive thoughts. He emerged from the tub.

After wrapping a towel around his waist, he dialed your number; he knew he had to explain himself, and give you a chance to have an opinion.

After all, he forgot the main reason he kept searching about you and asking Ranpo for answers.

She's just like you, ranpo's words repeated like a symphony in his mind.

You needed his help, and he must reach you to do so.

He tried the first time, no answer. Second time, and still no answer. It was just the recorded message playing over and over. Dazai looked at the time, 12 am. "she must be asleep," he told himself. However,

he knew he wouldn't sleep unless he lets it out.

With that choice in mind, he put on his clothes and was on his way to your apartment complex.

。。。

"You've been close with someone named Osamu Dazai, is that correct?" he asked, playing with the knife in his hand. "What do you want with him?" you asked, curiosity getting the best of you. "None of your business, little bitch," he commanded.

It pissed you off.

"Acting like a scumbag are we?" you said, girning.

Without any warnings, he placed the knife under your chin, faces close. "Don't underestimate me, Yn. I am the one with authority here, understand?" he whispered, eyebrows knitted. you gulped, feeling like the knife is about to slit your throat.

"Now don't resist. Sit like a good girl, answer my questions, and you'll get out of here breathing, understand?" he said, cupping the side of your face with his gloved hand, eyes seductively looking back at yours. A red aura appeared around him, and all of a sudden, you felt as if earth was about to pull you underground. You felt as if you weighed tons.

his skill.

"You're the gravity manipulator Jackals kept mentioning," you mumbled, but he heard you since he was close enough. He leaned back against the table, lips curling into a cocky smirk. Heat krept up your ears; it's not everyday that you get to see the cute costumer coming to play with puppies in this image.

What are you saying, Yn?! you mentally lectured yourself, despising that you were attracted to that for a second there. Then you found yourself recapping what happened in the cafe.

Fancy hat, it was what Dazai said as Nakahara exited the place. You glanced at his hat, sure... It's the fancy old kind.

"So, little Jackal. tell me everything that suicidal maniac ever told you," he demanded, juggling the knife in his hand. "Suicidal?" you asked, and you saw the hesitancy in his eyes: he didn't want to mention that, you thought.

"You know him," you said, mostly mumbling to yourself. You knew you could turn the tables around: getting under people's skin was always your profession.

"Dazai is no one but an agent from the armed detective agency," you said, looking down at your cleavage:

the best place to hide the drug needles.

"I've only known him for almost two months now, I don't understand why you're asking me about him," you said, hoping to be convincing.

He looked irritated. good.

"I must say, Nakahara-san. There is one question that I was hoping to understand," you started, and he didn't stop you.

Although you were kidnapped, in ropes with your legs and arms tied to a wooden chair, you mustered all the courage as you looked him in the eyes, and asked, "I wonder ... why would you ask me such a question about Dazai ... when he was a friend of yours?" "He is not my friend," he defended himself.

"Well, he sure recognized you in the cafe," you replied with a sweet smile.

His eyes showed true anger, he knew what you were doing. He was not new to all this not to understand. What he didn't know, is that it was exactly what you were going for.

"Riddle me this, Yn," he started, his demanding voice making you flinch. "Why would you, a girl whose family murdered hundred of innocent souls, want to be in a romantic relationship with a detective?" he said, lingering on the last word.

You didn't say anything, remaining silent was better.

"There's no way a criminal would want to get this close to the very reason that could get them executed," he said, now chuckling, happy to have made you speechless for a while.

"What good would that question do to you?" you asked in a pleading tone, losing a bit of your cool. You weren't going to lie, he was good at turning the tables back to him. "You're not asking questions, you're answering them, hostage,"

hostage? you panicked.

"Hostage, fo-for who?" you stammed over your words. Nobody cares about you, and sure if it's the Jackals and Hina, they would come to rescue you since your skill is worth a great fortune, and it would do you good for them to come, you know they can handle the Port Mafia.

He walked closer to you, wearing that sly smirk of his.

With his gloved hand, he reached for your jeans pocket and pulled out your phone, the other hand resting on the arm of your chair. You quickly skimmed through the contacts list of numbers in your mind to find the person who would care about you.

The person who would sacrifice coming to save you.

Instead of going through your contact list though, Nakahara opened the number panel to dial a number.

A number he would know,

A person who cares about you,

Dazai, a former member of the port mafia.

He mustn't know of your secret, and Nakahara would call him to threaten you.

Without any warnings, and with full impact, you hit your forehead against his cheekbone, causing him to back away a little from you. The men on the other end of the room lifted their weapons, ready to jump in and attack at the sound of Nakahara's order.

With your teeth, you pulled one of the needles that hung in the inside of the cleavage of your shirt and blew it toward his neck.

It poked through his skin.

His eyelids got the best of him. As his eyes fell shut, so did his body. You felt all the heavy weight on you gone; meaning his skill now has slept too.

To your bad luck, his face rested upon the upper area of your chest. However, with his forehead touching your skin, it didn't matter as it was time to manipulate him.

In no time, you were in his mind palace.

Author's note: hello dear readers! I am happy you made it this far in my story. There is still more to come, and if you find yourself enjoying the story, please, leave a vote. It helps the story to reach other people as well. Thank you, I really appreciate you!!