XXXI: Hina

Dazai's POV:
Wondering, I said, "where am I?" My voice echoed. I looked at the ground beneath my feet; white, like everything else around me. I searched around for any sign of life or direction.

One figure stood away, her figure.

My slow pace picked up when I was sure my eyes weren't failing me, when I saw her smiling eyes looking at me.

When I reached her, I noticed how she was not hurt anymore. She was so beautiful she was glowing. "What happened Yn? Where are we?" I asked, my eyes not leaving hers. Her eyes were trailing from my face, hair, to my body. She then smiled wide. I looked down at myself to see blood, "your blood.." I muttered, realizing what was happening.

She looked perfectly fine in front of me, but I still had her blood on me. "No.. you're not.." I muttered once more as I pulled my heavy feet toward her. I wanted to wrap my arms around her, to feel her against my body once more, but my arms only went through her.

Her eyes showed a little pain, but she tried to conceal it and keep that smile wide. "Yn, why can't I touch you,? why are we here? please tell me, tell me!" I said, my tone rising as I lost my grip,

As my past gets to me, pulls me into the dark pit of my mind.

Closing her eyes and intertwining her fingers together, the place around us flashes to different other places I am familiar with, places I have been with her.

Please, forget me, forget all the memories we had. Live .. and love again.

She said, her sounding all ethereal and magical. It was pitch black all over again.
。。。

I opened my eyes, struggling as my eyelids felt heavy as I opened them. With my forehead still on hers, I didn't feel her breath against my face anymore. "Yn?" I called, my shaking voice getting the best of me. I backed my face away to look at her, realizing the harsh truth that was laying in my arms.

No, no, no, you can't be dead, please wake up, don't leave me here alone, you suffered enough,

I wanted us to learn how to love living again.

I wasn't aware of what was happening later, the sounds drowned around me. I looked up at the boss to see her sickening smile. It was only interrupted then by a loud bang behind me. I then felt a hand on my shoulder, a soft, delicate hand...

"I am here." She mumbled in my ear.

Yosano
。。。
Third POV:
Kunikida heard everything, he knew he and Yosano had to be fast. It was Dazai whose mind was lost in his own panic to hear Kunikida.

Reaching the door to the huge room, Kunikida didn't hesitate to kick it wide open. He and Yosano saw the image playing in front of them. They have never seen Dazai like this.

Not ever.

It lit fury in Kunikida's chest to see his partner so mentally broken. Both Kunikida and Yosano ran to him, not bothering to be careful, knowing they took care of the hidden shooters. "Shoot them!" Hina ordered. But none replied, which took her off guard.

"What are you waiting for, I said.." she repeated her order, only to be shot in the head, twice.

"Saves us from the bickering.." Kunikida mumbled, putting his gun back in his back pocket. He glanced back at Dazai. The glow of Yosano's skill was glowing, healing you.

He crouched down to meet Dazai's gaze as Yosano did her job. "We took care of everything, don't worry Dazai," Kunikida reassured him, but Dazai's expression didn't change, he never looked Kunikida's way in the first place.

Dazai's eyes were on you, Kunikida noticed. He knew then Dazai needed some time to readjust and take it all in. As Yosano did the work, both Dazai and Kunikida looked at her closely.

Silence controlled. The sound of Yosano's skill was all that was there.

Like a hazy dream, Dazai couldn't tell if it was all over or if he was hallucinating and you were dead.

The ambulance came in later, took you after Yosano was done, and brought you to the hospital.

Since you were almost completely dead, Yosano tried to heal you back as only a few organs were working, your brain not being one of them. In the hospital, they managed to keep your pounding heart pumping, hoping you'd wake up from your coma.

Ranpo and Dazai stood each by the bedsides. Ranpo knew the look Dazai was making all too well. "Dazai-san," he muttered quietly. He continued when Dazai didn't look at him.

"Did she enter your mind?"

There was hesitancy in Dazai's gaze. He looked at Ranpo, his lips parted and he spoke, "Is that what I'm feeling right now?" he asked. Ranpo nodded slowly, his eyebrows furrowing.

"What did you see?" Ranpo asked, a small smile playing on his lips. He noticed Dazai's hands gripping on the steel of the bed when he looked at you.

"It was all white, but... I saw her standing. She was beautiful," he said, the space between his eyebrows wrinkling. "What happened?" Ranpo asked him.

"She told me to forget her, her voice was all magical and different... I think she was trying to manipulate my memories," Dazai concluded. He looked back to meet gazes with Ranpo.

"But you didn't forget, your skill didn't let you," Ranpo continued Dazai's sentence. Dazai nodded.

You were sleeping peacefully, or so what it looked like. It has been two days since the ambush, and Doctors confirmed you fell into a coma. They said you seemed stable, but they had no idea when you'd wake up.

Dazai hadn't had any good sleep in those two days. The president of the agency gave him days off to rest. His co-workers advised him to sleep, saying that they were there if anything happened. What they didn't know was that Dazai couldn't sleep as nightmares had been jerking him awake in the middle of his few precious hours of sleep.

Dazai's POV:
The days had passed, and I spent most of them in Yn's hospital bedroom, waiting for any sign of her recovery. My colleagues from the agency came from time to time to check on Yn,when I knew they were there to make it easier for me.

However, Kunikida always came in at exactly 8 pm sharp everyday to chat with me about everything. Even if he didn't tell me, it was nice knowing I was a permanent addition to his daily schedule.

Days went by, and they were the same.

Few hours of sleep ... loads of nightmares ... reality and hope slipping away more with each second passing...

After two weeks of her coma, I decided it was time that I go out, to meet Oda.

Author's note: another chapter will be coming on Tuesday. Have a great day :)